Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 07:02:35 AM »

Ten years ago: New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson announced he was withdrawing his nomination to be President-elect Barack Obama's commerce secretary amid a grand jury investigation into how some of his political donors had won a lucrative state contract. (Prosecutors later declined to bring charges against Richardson.) A female suicide bomber struck Shiite pilgrims in Baghdad, killing 38.

Five years ago: The city center of Iraq's Fallujah fell completely into the hands of fighters from the al-Qaida-linked Islamic State in Iraq and Levant. Thirty-one workers were killed in the collapse of a building under construction in Canacona, Goa, in southern India.

One year ago: The Trump administration moved to vastly expand offshore drilling from the Atlantic to the Arctic oceans with a five-year plan that would open up federal waters off of California for the first time in decades and possibly open new areas of oil and gas exploration along the East Coast. A massive winter storm roared into the East Coast, dumping as much as 17 inches of snow in some areas. The Dow Jones Industrial Average burst through the 25,000 mark, closing at 25,075.13 just five weeks after its first close above 24,000. Ray Thomas, a founding member of the British rock group the Moody Blues, died at his home south of London at the age of 76, months before the band would be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 07:04:28 AM »

Today's Birthdays:
Actress Barbara Rush is 92.
Football Hall of Fame coach Don Shula is 89.
Opera singer Grace Bumbry is 82.
Actress Dyan Cannon is 80.
Author-historian Doris Kearns Goodwin is 76.
Country singer Kathy Forester (The Forester Sisters) is 64.
Actress Ann Magnuson is 63.
Rock musician Bernard Sumner (New Order, Joy Division) is 63.
Country singer Patty Loveless is 62.
Actor Julian Sands is 61.
Rock singer Michael Stipe is 59.
Actor Patrick Cassidy is 57.
Actor Dave Foley is 56.
Actress Dot Jones is 55.
ctor Rick Hearst is 54.
Singer-musician Cait O'Riordan is 54.
Actress Julia Ormond is 54.
Tennis player Guy Forget (ghee fohr-ZHAY') is 54.
Country singer Deana Carter is 53.
Rock musician Benjamin Darvill (Crash Test Dummies) is 52.
Actor Josh Stamberg is 49.
Actor Jeremy Licht is 48.
Actor Damon Gupton is 46.
Actress-singer Jill Marie Jones is 44.
Actress D'Arcy Carden is 39.
Alt-country singer Justin Townes Earle is 37.
Christian rock singer Spencer Chamberlain (Underoath) is 36.
Actress Lenora Crichlow is 34.
Comedian-actress Charlyne Yi is 33.
Actress-singer Coco Jones is 21.

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 07:06:19 AM »

Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 07:07:40 AM »

Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 07:08:35 AM »

Morning HoldingDownTheFortDave, LittleSumpinSumpinRick and Mr. Mayor.

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 07:09:23 AM »

America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 07:09:33 AM »

Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky
Of course good luck with that!

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 07:10:34 AM »

America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.
Tennessee more sober than Utah?  You gotta be kidding.

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 07:13:31 AM »

Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky
Well happy birthday to her and Don Shula!

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 07:14:10 AM »

Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
This deserves an eye roll.

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2019, 07:15:26 AM »

America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.
Tennessee more sober than Utah?  You gotta be kidding.
I was about to make the same comment. I'd love to see the actual numbers on this one.

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2019, 07:22:48 AM »

America’s Drunkest States

- Top 5

5. Illinois
4. Montana
3. Alaska
2. Wisconsin
1. North Dakota

- Bottom 5

50. Tennessee
49. West Virginia
48. Utah
47. Alabama
46. Mississippi
Buffalo has to be in top 10 of drunkest cities.
Tennessee more sober than Utah?  You gotta be kidding.
I was about to make the same comment. I'd love to see the actual numbers on this one.
It is on a per capital basis

https://www.liquor.com/articles/these-are-the-10-drunkest-states-in-america/

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2019, 07:24:05 AM »

Thought for Today: "What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from." — T.S. Eliot (1888-1965).
This deserves an eye roll.
Just An eye roll does not do justice for this one

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2019, 07:25:53 AM »

Morning GotItUpForHisWifeBlue, T Dave & MayorDontWantNone.

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2019, 07:28:27 AM »

Morning sex lull?
Guilty
Aren't you at work?
I actually got up with my Wife. It's her birthday. I go back to work this weekend. I have been off for 2 weeks. Today is all about her and maybe I'll get lucky
Well happy birthday to her and Don Shula!
Happy Birthday and Best Wishes to the Warden.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8