Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Thought for Today: “Though the past haunt me as a spirit, I do not ask to forget.” — Felicia Dorothea Browne Hemans, English poet (1793-1835).

Some additional birthdays (make my editor work today)

1491 Jacques Cartier, French explorer who claimed what is now Canada for France, born in St. Malo, Brittany (d. 1557)

1738 Charles Cornwallis, 1st Marquess Cornwallis, British general and colonial administrator (leading British general in the American War of Independence), born in London (d. 1805)

1869 Henri Matisse, French impressionist painter (Odalisque), born in Le Cateau-Cambresis, France (d. 1954)

1880 George Marshall, US Secretary of State (1947-49) who authored the Marshall Plan (Nobel 1953), born in Uniontown, Pennsylvania (d. 1959)

For the New Year:

“Hope
Smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
Whispering 'it will be happier'...”
― Alfred Lord Tennyson

“Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.”
― Brad Paisley

“Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man.”
― Benjamin Franklin

"Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average…which means, you have met your New Year's resolution." — Jay Leno

"Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account." — Oscar Wilde

“Out with the old, in with the new” is a fitting expression for a holiday that is based on vomiting.” — Andy Borowitz

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. – Bill Vaughn

Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
Mark Twain

Yesterday, everybody smoked his last cigar, took his last drink and swore his last oath. Today, we are a pious and exemplary community. Thirty days from now, we shall have cast our reformation to the winds and gone to cutting our ancient shortcomings considerably shorter than ever.
Mark Twain

New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions.
Mark Twain

Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
Mark Twain

Yesterday, everybody smoked his last cigar, took his last drink and swore his last oath. Today, we are a pious and exemplary community. Thirty days from now, we shall have cast our reformation to the winds and gone to cutting our ancient shortcomings considerably shorter than ever.
Mark Twain

New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions.
Mark Twain
Mark Twain always has the proper perspectives.🤔

Guess I will walk the dogs

2 million people and heavy rain forecast for Times Square tonight, YUK!
Hoping for an early dismissal so I can get far away.

Good morning, Dave and Dave.
Morning Dave & Mayor T.
lousy train schedule going in, so I opted to stay out of the city today..

Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
Mark Twain

Yesterday, everybody smoked his last cigar, took his last drink and swore his last oath. Today, we are a pious and exemplary community. Thirty days from now, we shall have cast our reformation to the winds and gone to cutting our ancient shortcomings considerably shorter than ever.
Mark Twain

New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions.
Mark Twain
Mark Twain always has the proper perspectives.🤔
Yup, that's why he's a go to when I select the quotes.

Missing Person Alert

Elderly man last seen near Inglis, FL banging the meter maid.  Could be driving a Chevrolet pickup truck with a cigar in his mouth.
May have gained 20 lbs. Since this photo...
Havent we all?
Probably closer to 50 lbs. here. I'm outta control.

With that said, I'm wondering what will be opened around here for lunch today.
I've lost a little weight, nothing like that fear of death diet....
I'm hovering around 175, so I keep a few quarters in my pocket so I don't get blown
away in a strong breeze.  That's about 100 lbs below my all time high weight.

Guess I will walk the dogs
Just got back from doing that myself.  Last time as dog sitter for a time.

Missing Person Alert

Elderly man last seen near Inglis, FL banging the meter maid.  Could be driving a Chevrolet pickup truck with a cigar in his mouth.
May have gained 20 lbs. Since this photo...
Havent we all?
Probably closer to 50 lbs. here. I'm outta control.

With that said, I'm wondering what will be opened around here for lunch today.
I've lost a little weight, nothing like that fear of death diet....
I'm hovering around 175, so I keep a few quarters in my pocket so I don't get blown
away in a strong breeze.  That's about 100 lbs below my all time high weight.
I'm hovering around 175 myself....about 70 over it, but hovering.

Morning Flip.

Had a tugboat last night and now shrimp boats this morning , as you can see it is rather foggy but I could not have seen those boats about 7:00
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.?

Morning Flip.
Morning Dave, and the rest of the gang...

Today’s Birthdays:
TV producer George Schlatter is 89.
Actor Sir Anthony Hopkins is 81.
Actor Tim Considine (TV: “My Three Sons”) is 78.
Actress Sarah Miles is 77.
Rock musician Andy Summers is 76.
Actor Sir Ben Kingsley is 75.
Producer-director Taylor Hackford is 74.
Fashion designer Diane von Furstenberg is 72.
Actor Tim Matheson is 71.
Pop singer Burton Cummings is 71.
Actor Joe Dallesandro is 70.
Rock musician Tom Hamilton (Aerosmith) is 67.
Actor James Remar is 65.
Actress Bebe Neuwirth is 60.
Actor Val Kilmer is 59.
Singer Paul Westerberg is 59.
Actor Don Diamont is 56.
Rock musician Ric Ivanisevich (Oleander) is 56.
Rock musician Scott Ian (Anthrax) is 55.
Actress Gong Li is 53.
Author Nicholas Sparks is 53.
Actor Lance Reddick is 49.
Pop singer Joe McIntyre is 46.
Rock musician Mikko Siren (Apocalyptica) is 43.
Donald Trump Jr. is 41.
Rapper PSY (Park Jae-sang) is 41.
Rock musician Bob Bryar is 39.
Rock musician Jason Sechrist (Portugal. The Man) is 39.
Actor/singer Erich Bergen is 33.
DJ/vocalist Drew Taggart (The Chainsmokers) is 29.
Olympic gold medal gymnast Gabby Douglas is 23.

Dang, Andy Summers is 76? Doesn't seem likely there will be another reunion for The Police.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6