Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

I got little done yesterday because I spent a bunch of time on the phone with my health insurance company. What a fiasco.

Tons of actual work to finish before the end of the year. I'll be scarce for the next few days.
I have alot of business meetings to prepare for from tonight through the 1st week of the year.
I don't have a damn thing to do for the rest of the year aside from watching bowl games!
Well Good For You!  Any interesting ones coming up?
Temple and Duke in the Independence Bowl

Miami and Wisconsin in the Pinstripe Bowl

Baylor and Vanderbilt in the Texas Bowl

Pedialyte products for alcohol & dehydration

For over 50 years, Pedialyte has helped people hydrate with the optimal balance of sugar and electrolytes needed for fast rehydration. The advanced science behind Pedialyte can help you feel better fast by replacing electrolytes and fluids you’ve lost after a couple of drinks. We’re the #1 recommended brand by pharmacists for hydration.
Recently had one and it worked wonders. Actually not alcohol related either.
Expensive Gatoraid.

good morning Dave.
poor Mark is going to have a harder time finding 'cheap cheapo' ticks.
Morning Dean’O, gets harder everyday to find even decent deals
Indeed, so apparently he's switched his focus to pussy deals...

I got little done yesterday because I spent a bunch of time on the phone with my health insurance company. What a fiasco.

Tons of actual work to finish before the end of the year. I'll be scarce for the next few days.
I have alot of business meetings to prepare for from tonight through the 1st week of the year.
I don't have a damn thing to do for the rest of the year aside from watching bowl games!
Well Good For You!  Any interesting ones coming up?
Got to be better than the sucky TCU - Cal game last night.....or the cancelled BC - Boise State game (due to lightning in Texas)
Or all the other bowl games so far this year.

That BS Dallas Bowl Deal is about ridiculous, I see lawsuits over the horizon with that one.  They only “sold and gave away” about 14,600 tickets.  Then the City says the tickets are “non refundable “ well when you sell tickets to something then don’t perform the game that will get you sued every time.

good morning Banter.
newest kitten woke me up at 3:30am, guess the older one delegated that duty.
anyway, I got a touchy phone call from a guy about a problem he's having and I am sitting in front of my computer doing research for another archives project to be published in a couple of local recovery journals.
BrickHouse maduro robusto and yesterday's coffee here as I work.
You got another pussy?
yes.
They're so cute when they're little like that (TNWSS).
it was the last rescue kitten at animal control. 12-14 weeks old and never been out of a cage. I decided to foster it to get it out of the cage and shelter and into a good home, not knowing how my cat would take to it. Christmas day I signed the adoption papers. the shelter said it was a female, it's not, but it's fixed. his name is Shei, meaning Gift of God.

Today in History

Today is Thursday, Dec. 27, the 361st day of 2018. There are four days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:
On Dec. 27, 1979, Soviet forces seized control of Afghanistan. President Hafizullah Amin (hah-FEE’-zoo-lah ah-MEEN’), who was overthrown and executed, was replaced by Babrak Karmal.
On this date:
In 1831, naturalist Charles Darwin set out on a round-the-world voyage aboard the HMS Beagle.
In 1904, James Barrie’s play “Peter Pan: The Boy Who Wouldn’t Grow Up” opened at the Duke of York’s Theater in London.
In 1945, the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund were formally established.
In 1947, the original version of the puppet character Howdy Doody made his TV debut on NBC’s “Puppet Playhouse.”
In 1949, Queen Juliana of the Netherlands signed an act recognizing Indonesia’s sovereignty after more than three centuries of Dutch rule.
In 1968, Apollo 8 and its three astronauts made a safe, nighttime splashdown in the Pacific.
In 1970, the musical play “Hello, Dolly!” closed on Broadway after a run of 2,844 performances.
In 1981, composer and bandleader Hoagy Carmichael (“Stardust”) died in Rancho Mirage, Calif., at age 82.
In 1985, Palestinian guerrillas opened fire inside the Rome and Vienna airports; 19 victims were killed, plus four attackers who were slain by police and security personnel. American naturalist Dian Fossey, 53, who had studied gorillas in the wild in Rwanda, was found hacked to death.
In 1995, Israeli jeeps sped out of the West Bank town of Ramallah, capping a seven-week pullout giving Yasser Arafat control over 90 percent of the West Bank’s one million Palestinian residents and one-third of its land.
In 2001, Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld announced that Taliban and al-Qaida prisoners would be held at the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
In 2002, A defiant North Korea ordered U.N. nuclear inspectors to leave the country and said it would restart a laboratory capable of producing plutonium for nuclear weapons; the U.N. nuclear watchdog said its inspectors were “staying put” for the time being.

good morning Dave.
poor Mark is going to have a harder time finding 'cheap cheapo' ticks.
Morning Dean’O, gets harder everyday to find even decent deals
Which has pressured me to accept the decline (or increase, depending on your perspective) of the cheapy cheapo standard of acceptance.  Never, I say, never!

Lots of rain last night but supposed to be a nice day today.  Brought my range bag to the office with hopes I can slip past the HR prick and go prepare for the coming zombie apocalypse.
I got pulled over the other night and couldn't remember if I took my pistol out of the side pocket of my golf bag. what a fiasco that was.

Ten years ago: Israel bombed security sites in Hamas-ruled Gaza in retaliation for rocket fire aimed at civilians in southern Israeli towns, opening one of the Mideast conflict’s bloodiest assaults in decades. Tens of thousands of people in Pakistan paid homage to Benazir Bhutto on the one-year anniversary of her assassination.

Five years ago: Connecticut police released thousands of pages from their investigation into the Newtown massacre, providing the most detailed and disturbing picture yet of the Dec. 14, 2012, shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School that left 20 first-graders and six educators dead.

One year ago: Freezing temperatures and below-zero wind chills socked much of the northern United States. Houston Astros star second baseman Jose Altuve was named AP Male Athlete of the Year after leading the team to its first World Series title. A power outage struck parts of Disneyland in California, forcing some guests to be escorted from stalled rides.

Thought for Today: “A dollar saved is a quarter earned.” — Oscar Levant, American composer, musician, actor (born this date in 1906, died in 1972).

I got little done yesterday because I spent a bunch of time on the phone with my health insurance company. What a fiasco.

Tons of actual work to finish before the end of the year. I'll be scarce for the next few days.
I have alot of business meetings to prepare for from tonight through the 1st week of the year.
I don't have a damn thing to do for the rest of the year aside from watching bowl games!
Well Good For You!  Any interesting ones coming up?
Temple and Duke in the Independence Bowl

Miami and Wisconsin in the Pinstripe Bowl

Baylor and Vanderbilt in the Texas Bowl
I guess that's it until next week when Texas plays Georgia in the Sugar Bowl.

Today’s Birthdays:
Actor John Amos is 79.
ABC News correspondent Cokie Roberts is 75.
Rock musician Mick Jones (Foreigner) is 74.
Singer Tracy Nelson is 74.
Actor Gerard Depardieu is 70.
Jazz singer-musician T.S. Monk is 69.
Singer-songwriter Karla Bonoff is 67.
Rock musician David Knopfler (Dire Straits) is 66.
Actress Tovah Feldshuh is 65.
Journalist-turned-politician Arthur Kent is 65.
Actress Maryam D’Abo is 58.
Country musician Jeff Bryant is 56.
Actor Ian Gomez is 54.
Actress Theresa Randle is 54.
Actress Eva LaRue is 52.
Wrestler and actor Bill Goldberg is 52.
Actress Tracey Cherelle Jones is 49.
Bluegrass singer-musician Darrin Vincent (Dailey & Vincent) is 49.
Rock musician Guthrie Govan is 47.
Musician Matt Slocum is 46.
Actor Wilson Cruz is 45.
Singer Olu is 45.
Actor Masi Oka is 44.
Actor Aaron Stanford is 42.
Actress Emilie de Ravin is 37.
Actor Jay Ellis is 37.
Christian rock musician James Mead (Kutless) is 36.
Rock singer Hayley Williams (Paramore) is 30.
Country singer Shay Mooney (Dan & Shay) is 27.
Actor Timothee Chalamet is 23.

[...]

Independent of the bowl, BC already has offered to refund tickets and offer a free ticket to a sporting event next year.  Non bowl game is going to be very expensive for them.

The current arrangement for most bowl games requires each team to purchase like 15 K tickets.  So for these third rate bowls, teams end up giving away tickets for local charities and such just to get some bodies in the seats.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10