Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

  • Administrator
12/22/2018
« on: December 22, 2018, 12:01:03 AM »

SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"
DAD: "Yeah sure, what is it?"
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's really none of your business. Why do you ask?"
SON: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make $100 an hour."
SON: "Oh. (With his head down).
SON: "Daddy, can I please borrow $50?"
DAD: "REALLY?!  If you're asking to borrow money for some silly toy or game, you can just march yourself straight to your room to think about why you're being so selfish.  I work hard everyday to provide for this family, and this is the thanks I get?"

The little boy went quietly to his room and shut the door.

The dad sat down and started getting even angrier about his son's questions. "How dare he ask question like that just to get some money?" he stewed.

After an hour, the dad calmed down, and started to think:  "Maybe there was something he really needed the $50 for?  He doesn't ask for money often..."

So, the dad went to his son's door and opened it.

DAD: "Are you asleep, son?"
SON: "No daddy, I'm awake".
DAD: "I've been thinking, and maybe I was too hard on you earlier. It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $50 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling.
SON: "Oh, thank you daddy!"

Then, reaching under his pillow, the boy pulled out some crumpled-up dollar bills.  When the dad saw the boy already had money, he started getting angry again as the little boy slowly counted out his money and looked up at his father.

DAD: "Why do you want more money if you already have some?"
SON: "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do.   Daddy, I have $100 now.  Can I buy an hour of your time?  Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."

The father was crushed.   He put his arms around his little son, and begged for his forgiveness through a stream of tears.

Just a reminder to all who are work so hard in life to not let time slip through our fingers without dedicating special time with those who matter most.

If we die tomorrow, the company we may work for could replace us in a matter of days.... but, loved ones we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives, having only precious memories to hold.

Priorities.  ❤️

good morning. Short Story and coffee here.

Morning JokesterDean, just a cup of Cuban here

Beautiful Full Moon stilll shining over the River this morning

Nice buy here, $72 and FS with the Cat Code

Beautiful Full Moon stilll shining over the River this morning
morning Dave. 50° and overcast here, still pretty breezy.

Beautiful Full Moon stilll shining over the River this morning
morning Dave. 50° and overcast here, still pretty breezy.
45 degrees and clear here with 15-25 mph winds and higher gusts.  Wind chill 37 degrees.

Hope no one has been terribly inconvenienced by the PARTIAL Government Shutdown, oh wait a minute the ENTIRE Government is shut down until Wednesday for Christmas.

By the way there is nothing to worry about anyway, Congress is Fully Funded.

A very good “Thought For The Day”:

Franklin Graham: This Christmas, 'Do Something for Somebody You Don't Know'

SHEESH!

Hope no one has been terribly inconvenienced by the PARTIAL Government Shutdown, oh wait a minute the ENTIRE Government is shut down until Wednesday for Christmas.

By the way there is nothing to worry about anyway, Congress is Fully Funded.
no big deal to me. fucking politicians spend more time off figuring how to fuck the country it's just another day.

you know who isn't affected by the govt shutdown?
politicians.

you know who isn't affected by the govt shutdown?
politicians.
True but the fact is: nobody else is either.

My agency had about 3000 employees and during one shut down the asshole Administrator declared everyone as essential so we could not get off.  Talk about an ass chewing, end result was we were all sent home by lunch.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5