Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Rainy morning here but not too bad cold, got the dogs walked between showers.
They tell us it's not that cold here either but I've been freezing my ass off for the last week. I may also be a bit under the weather, which could account for the shivering. Anyhoo, rain expected later this afternoon. Better than snow.
The Warden, DIL and her Mother are coming to “The City” tomorrow for the weekend and weather looks very uncooperative.  Supposed to come home Sunday so hope they can at least get home for Christmas.

Today’s Birthdays:
Original Mouseketeer Tommy Cole (TV: “The Mickey Mouse Club”) is 77.
Rhythm and blues singer-musician Walter “Wolfman” Washington is 75.
Rock musician-music producer Bobby Colomby is 74.
Rock musician Peter Criss is 73.
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue is 72.
Psychic/illusionist Uri Geller is 72.
Producer Dick Wolf (“Law & Order”) is 72.
Rock musician Alan Parsons is 70.
Actress Jenny Agutter is 66.
Actor Michael Badalucco is 64.
Actress Blanche Baker is 62.
Rock singer Billy Bragg is 61.
Rock singer-musician Mike Watt (The Secondmen, Minutemen, fIREHOSE) is 61.
Actor Joel Gretsch is 55.
Country singer Kris Tyler is 54.
Rock singer Chris Robinson is 52.
Actress Nicole deBoer is 48.
Movie director Todd Phillips is 48.
Singer David Cook (“American Idol”) is 36.
Actor Jonah Hill is 35.
Actor Bob Morley is 34.
Singer JoJo is 28.
Actor Colin Woodell is 27.

Thought for Today: “Experience teaches you that the man who looks you straight in the eye, particularly if he adds a firm handshake, is hiding something.” — Clifton Fadiman, American author, editor and radio personality (1904-1999).

HalfAssHalfWheelDean left some off this morning

Not expected to pass but hold on to your jockstraps because NM will not be the last one to try such.

Sen. Cisco McSorley, D-Albuquerque, has introduced four different anti-tobacco bills as part of the 2019 session.

S.B. 60 — Would raise the minimum age to purchase tobacco from 18 to 21
S.B. 61 — Would modify the state’s Clean Indoor Air Act to include e-cigarettes
S.B. 68 — Would ban the sale of all flavored tobacco products in the state, including e-cigarettes and nicotine liquids
S.B. 72 — Would increase the tax on cigars and other tobacco products from 25 to 76 percent of the wholesale price, increase the tax on cigarettes and tax e-cigarettes.
Currently, a cigar with an MSRP of $9.50 likely costs $11.88 in the state before sales tax. Per halfwheel’s estimate, that price would jump to $16.72 if S.B. 72 was enacted. The 76 percent wholesale tax would make New Mexico the second most expensive state cigar tax in the U.S.
I'm gonna propose a new law in all 50 states; no raises for politicians for 10 years. After all, they should experience the same as their constituents. Welcome to America!
I have a better idea and it includes Federal, 50% cut of all elected official positions , 75% cut of administrative officials, assistants & aids, 90% cut in consulting contracts and 33% cut in all other paid positions.

Good morning Daves, Rick, Tony, and HeadedOutDean.  Wind advisory here, gusts to 30 mph.  At least it will be sunny.  Been foggy the last two days.

[...]

Indeed.  There is a reason the most wealthy part of the country is around Wash DC.  Leeches.

Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship

Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Good morning, Fish. Before anyone asks, the code is CATSRULE.

Good morning boys! Excellent deal on Cigar Monster:

My Father Cedros Deluxe Cervantes box of 23 - $94.60 after code and free ship
Morning Fish, definitely a nice buy.

Good morning Daves, Rick, Tony, and HeadedOutDean.  Wind advisory here, gusts to 30 mph.  At least it will be sunny.  Been foggy the last two days.
Good morning, Mark.

Sausage with biscuits and fig preserves this morning for breakfast.

Sausage with biscuits and fig preserves this morning for breakfast.
That sounds pretty darn good. I got a breakfast wrap at Dunkin'... meh.

Now this is a real shootout!

California police are still piecing together the events of what they call a “reign of terror” from a 36-year-old man who had already been deported from the country once.

Police say Gustavo Garcia shot a farm worker at 1 in the morning on Sunday while he was picking fruit on a ladder. The man was shot in the chest, but is expected to recover from the wound.

Garcia then committed armed robbery at the AA Gas and Grub, where he fired off some shots in the ceiling and demanded $2,000. No one was hurt at the robbery.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxTbTWSJTc#

[...]

Amen

I have a Christmas party today at work and I am not going. Call me ba hum bug but I am not going to pretend that everything is great.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9