Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

I am watching Moonshiners on Discovery Channel, while I fully realize it is TV I can’t imagine how fooling with making illegal corn liquor in these modern times makes any sense given the risk.

I mean, liquor of much higher quality at cheap rices is readily available in all states with only a limited number of dry counties.

And actually I think they are showing liquor but truth is they are running meth labs not stills.
Shine has its peculiar charm, if the maker knows what he's doing.
But it's legal now, even for small operations.  Less and less of a reason for risk with little reward.
When did it become legal? Last I checked it's still a felony to make your own liquor.
I'll have to look up specific numbers, and it varies state by state, but individuals can make spirits, beer and wine for personal consumption  withing certain volume limits.  Rules around micro distilleries and beer makers have also been eased , again based on volume.
I hadn't seen that about spirits. Last I checked, and it's been more than a year, personal distilling was a federal crime.
I stand corrected sir, that is the case.
Damn. I was hoping you knew something I didn't.

Still going to get myself a still one of these days when I'm not buying a gun.
You should build one like Hawkeye and Trapper did in M*A*S*H.
ha, 3 hour old gin.
Yum, fresh!
Also gonna start rolling my own cigars soon.
Just remember, you can't use YOUR OWN thighs....

[...]

Remember to use actual tobacco leaves, not whatever you find growing in the yard.
With the new NJ governor, we soon may have additional options...

Hazzuh!
Fine way to go out today, later Dave.

Speaking of Flip, where is that old crust of bread?

Speaking of Flip, where is that old crust of bread?
Excellent question. The former cigar smoker doesn't come around often enough.

Speaking of Flip, where is that old crust of bread?
Excellent question. The former cigar smoker doesn't come around often enough.
I guess there isn't much need to stop by a cigar chat room if you don't smoke cigars....not that we talk a lot about cigars, but that's not the point.

Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.

Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.
Back from running around and in the man cave with an Amazon Anaconda.

Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.
Back from running around and in the man cave with an Amazon Anaconda.
You still liking the other Basin better?

Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.
Back from running around and in the man cave with an Amazon Anaconda.
You still liking the other Basin better?
Yes.  Lighting up the anaconda confirms it.  Still a good smoke but will buying the basin going forward.  Flavors are more nuanced.  The anaconda skews DPG with the pepper but not as pronounced.

Inspired....got my eye on page 10 today.  Maybe Mr. Bean and even Rick will stop back in.
Back from running around and in the man cave with an Amazon Anaconda.
You still liking the other Basin better?
Yes.  Lighting up the anaconda confirms it.  Still a good smoke but will buying the basin going forward.  Flavors are more nuanced.  The anaconda skews DPG with the pepper but not as pronounced.
Interesting. I have a bunch of Basins but I generally do enjoy pepper. I'll have to look for an Anaconda. Pretty sure Charlie has a box from which I can mooch.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]