Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Ten years ago: China marked its first spacewalk as astronaut Zhai Zhigang (zheye zhu-dawng) floated outside the Shenzhou 7 for 13 minutes.

Five years ago: President Barack Obama and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani spoke by telephone, the first conversation between American and Iranian leaders in more than 30 years. The U.N. Security Council voted unanimously to secure and destroy Syria’s chemical weapons stockpile.

One year ago: President Donald Trump and congressional Republicans unveiled the first major revamp of the nation’s tax code in a generation, a plan that included deep tax cuts for corporations, simplified tax brackets and a near-doubling of the standard deduction. Maria regained strength and became a hurricane again, pushing water over both sides of North Carolina’s Outer Banks. Playboy founder Hugh Hefner died at the age of 91.

Ten years ago: Afghan opposition forces broke through Taliban lines outside Kabul. Fashion editor Carrie Donovan died in New York at age 73.

Five years ago: Hundreds of relatives and friends of victims who died in the crash of American Airlines Flight 587 dedicated a much-awaited memorial in New York. Gerald R. Ford surpassed Ronald Reagan as the longest-living U.S. president at 93 years and 121 days.

One year ago: President Barack Obama arrived in Japan from South Korea to attend a regional economic summit; it was the fourth and final stop on the president’s 10-day tour of Asia. An old Chinese vase that had been tucked away unnoticed for years in a suburban London home was sold at auction for a record $83 million, scooped up by a Chinese buyer.
Gerald Ford died in 2006.  And B.O. was not president one year ago.  #fakenews.

Today’s Birthdays:
Actress Kathleen Nolan is 85.
Actor Wilford Brimley is 84.
Actor Claude Jarman Jr. is 84.
Author Barbara Howar is 84.
World Golf Hall of Famer Kathy Whitworth is 79.
Singer-musician Randy Bachman (Bachman-Turner Overdrive) is 75.
Rock singer Meat Loaf is 71.
Actress Liz Torres is 71.
Actor A Martinez is 70.
Baseball Hall of Famer Mike Schmidt is 69.
Actor Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa is 68.
Singer Shaun Cassidy is 60.
Comedian Marc Maron is 55.
Rock singer Stephan (STEE’-fan) Jenkins (Third Eye Blind) is 54.
Former Democratic National Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz is 52.
Actor Patrick Muldoon is 50.
Singer Mark Calderon is 48.
Actress Amanda Detmer is 47.
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow is 46.
Rock singer Brad Arnold (3 Doors Down) is 40.
Christian rock musician Grant Brandell (Underoath) is 37.
Actress Anna Camp is 36.
Rapper Lil’ Wayne is 36.
Singer Avril Lavigne (AV’-rihl la-VEEN’) is 34.
Bluegrass singer/musician Sierra Hull is 27.
Actor Ames McNamara is 11.

Good morning Dave, Dean, and NotOnVacaTony.  Winter here, 40's, windy, and raining. Freeze warning tonight. I give it 10 minutes before someone walks in my office talking about not being able to make it in tomorrow due to how the roads will be bad.

Thought for Today: “God loved the birds and invented trees. Man loved the birds and invented cages.” — Jacques Deval, French writer, director and actor (1895-1972).

Ten years ago: Afghan opposition forces broke through Taliban lines outside Kabul. Fashion editor Carrie Donovan died in New York at age 73.

Five years ago: Hundreds of relatives and friends of victims who died in the crash of American Airlines Flight 587 dedicated a much-awaited memorial in New York. Gerald R. Ford surpassed Ronald Reagan as the longest-living U.S. president at 93 years and 121 days.

One year ago: President Barack Obama arrived in Japan from South Korea to attend a regional economic summit; it was the fourth and final stop on the president’s 10-day tour of Asia. An old Chinese vase that had been tucked away unnoticed for years in a suburban London home was sold at auction for a record $83 million, scooped up by a Chinese buyer.
Gerald Ford died in 2006.  And B.O. was not president one year ago.  #fakenews.
Real news for November 12, 2011.... :-[  I'll fix it when I get in the office.

Good morning Dave, Dean, and NotOnVacaTony.  Winter here, 40's, windy, and raining. Freeze warning tonight. I give it 10 minutes before someone walks in my office talking about not being able to make it in tomorrow due to how the roads will be bad.
good morning SlidingOnInTomorrowMark.

El Rico Habano maduro torp and coffee.

I believe my body emptied itself out yesterday. today I try and re-hydrate. 😖

OK, thanks to Mr. Bean , today's Today in History is now from 2018 and not 2011.

I believe my body emptied itself out yesterday. today I try and re-hydrate. 😖
I had the same problem last Monday. Think I had a bad sample the day before at Costco.

I believe my body emptied itself out yesterday. today I try and re-hydrate. 😖
I had the same problem last Monday. Think I had a bad sample the day before at Costco.
When you have lunch at Costco, Sam's Club or Home Depot, it's inevitable...

I believe my body emptied itself out yesterday. today I try and re-hydrate. 😖
I had the same problem last Monday. Think I had a bad sample the day before at Costco.
definately not fun.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6