Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Good morning, gents. The mouse part is over and my feet are thanking me. Now we're visiting every relative known to man from Broward County south. I turned off my Spanish translation brain about an hour ago. Now I'm just smiling and nodding.

si quisiera saber español viviría en mexico

So here's a story nearly worthy of BD status: our building has an atrium of sorts that's open from the ground floor up to the 4th. So yesterday, about 90 or so minutes after I left, someone fell from the 4th floor all the way down, right outside the section where we work. In fact, the woman who sits in front of me is on our emergency response team, and was there helping him before the ambulance arrived. Somehow, he survived. I didn't know him, and I don't know if anyone is sure if he fell or jumped. But I can imagine it being difficult to accidentally fall over the wall that runs along each floor.
Ouch!  Hard to believe he survived.  He will be very disappointed.
Apparently, the thud was sickening.
Update: he was in surgery all night, and didn't make it. Nate's roommate (who also works here) knew the guy, and it sounds like he wasn't in a good head space. Sounds like it was not an accident.
Family?
No wife and kids, I don't think. From what I've gathered, he recently bought a house, but wasn't happy with the purchase afterwards. Then while he was fixing something either on the house or the garage, he fell off and broke his leg. Surgery followed, and he had a rough go of it since.

Jueves 8 de noviembre de 2018
La vida tiene que ver con contratiempos. Una vida vivida sin decepción es una vida vivida en un capullo. La gente se ha recuperado de reveses mucho peores.

Jueves 8 de noviembre de 2018
La vida tiene que ver con contratiempos. Una vida vivida sin decepción es una vida vivida en un capullo. La gente se ha recuperado de reveses mucho peores.
You're not part of that caravan, are you? I think I'm supposed to be afraid of the caravan.

Jueves 8 de noviembre de 2018
La vida tiene que ver con contratiempos. Una vida vivida sin decepción es una vida vivida en un capullo. La gente se ha recuperado de reveses mucho peores.
You're not part of that caravan, are you? I think I'm supposed to be afraid of the caravan.
Being treated as an invasion! I love it

Jueves 8 de noviembre de 2018
La vida tiene que ver con contratiempos. Una vida vivida sin decepción es una vida vivida en un capullo. La gente se ha recuperado de reveses mucho peores.
You're not part of that caravan, are you? I think I'm supposed to be afraid of the caravan.
alot of women in that caravan. 😜

Good morning, gents. The mouse part is over and my feet are thanking me. Now we're visiting every relative known to man from Broward County south. I turned off my Spanish translation brain about an hour ago. Now I'm just smiling and nodding.

si quisiera saber español viviría en mexico
Look at Dean with all the Spanish... Thank God for Google translate.

[...]
That's good that there are no kids involved. Sheesh though.

Jueves 8 de noviembre de 2018
La vida tiene que ver con contratiempos. Una vida vivida sin decepción es una vida vivida en un capullo. La gente se ha recuperado de reveses mucho peores.
You're not part of that caravan, are you? I think I'm supposed to be afraid of the caravan.
Being treated as an invasion! I love it
How goes it, Scott? Long time.

Jueves 8 de noviembre de 2018
La vida tiene que ver con contratiempos. Una vida vivida sin decepción es una vida vivida en un capullo. La gente se ha recuperado de reveses mucho peores.
You're not part of that caravan, are you? I think I'm supposed to be afraid of the caravan.
alot of women in that caravan. 😜
Bed as many as you can before they get to the border!

Good morning, gents. The mouse part is over and my feet are thanking me. Now we're visiting every relative known to man from Broward County south. I turned off my Spanish translation brain about an hour ago. Now I'm just smiling and nodding.

si quisiera saber español viviría en mexico
Look at Dean with all the Spanish... Thank God for Google translate.
indeed.

5 holiday 'must-dos' at Walt Disney World
23 minutes ago
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at Walt Disney World Resort! And that's no exaggeration - the Magic Kingdom literally transforms from Halloween to holiday overnight, and the rest of the parks and resorts aren't far behind.

Of course, since we're lucky enough to live close to the magic, a day visit to Walt Disney World can put you in the holiday spirit before you can say "Santa Goofy!" Here, then, are some of our ideas for enjoying the holidays at Walt Disney World.

Ice Palace
With a wave of her hand (and encouragement from park guests), Elsa covers the iconic Cinderella Castle in a sparkling, shimmering sheet of icicle lights. Watching this amazing transformation is a new holiday tradition, and something you must absolutely see to believe. The "Frozen Holiday Wish" show takes place twice each night during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (select nights November 8-December 21), and once on non-party nights. If you do happen to miss the show, don't worry. Just standing in awe at the beautiful, icy Castle is one of my favorite holiday things to do.

Sunset "Snow"
Of course there will be snow at Walt Disney World during the Christmas season! Or at least as close as you can come here in Florida. "Snow" flurries will fall on Main Street, U.S.A. during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, but if you don't plan to spring for a party ticket, head over to Disney's Hollywood Studios and check out Sunset Season's Greetings, part of the "Flurry of Fun" event. We loved this show last year, and can't wait to see it again! The Hollywood Tower Hotel (home of the Tower of Terror) lights up with a holiday projection show featuring pals like Mickey and Minnie, Toy Story characters, and the Muppets. And then - you guessed it - a gentle snowfall spreads the holiday spirit all along the boulevard.

The Flurry of Fun is included takes place nightly November 8, 2018 through January 6, 2019, and is included in your regular park admission.

Holiday Treats to Try
The holidays are a time to indulge in some special sweet and savory fare, and Walt Disney World certainly delivers. You'll find lots of Christmas candies, cookies and other treats all over the parks and resorts, but Epcot's International Festival of the Holidays is the place to go to satisfy your holiday food cravings. Kiosks known as "Holiday Kitchens" tempt your taste buds with everything from Mickey-shaped sugar cookies to an Italian panettone to a maple Yule log cake - and a whole lot more! If you're looking to toast the holidays with a cocktail, the Holiday Kitchens are on point there, too.

The Epcot International Festival of the Holidays runs November 18 to December 30, 2018, and is included in your park admission.

Resort Hopping
Want to get a dose of Disney's holiday spirit without paying for a park ticket? The Walt Disney World Resort hotels offer tons of Christmas cheer! From gorgeous trees to giant gingerbread creations to holiday treats and merchandise, a visit to the Resort hotels is a great way to celebrate the holidays Disney-style.

Shop til You Drop
You know Disney's shopping destination is decked out for the holidays, and this one is also a freebie. Disney Springs features all the twinkly lights and decorations you're looking for, plus gift-shopping galore. But if you're not into all the shopping, there's another great reason to hit Disney Springs this holiday - the Christmas Tree Trail. Wander through this forest of trees, each decorated with a different Disney theme, and you'll feel like you're in a winter wonderland.

Bonus - New Year's Eve at Walt Disney World!
If you're thinking of ringing in the new year with your Disney pals, there are tons of New Year's Eve events going on. For the some of the best fireworks viewing opportunities, try to score a reservation at one of the many dessert parties scheduled that night. And one important piece of advice: go ahead and book a hotel room, either on Disney property or one of the Good Neighbor Hotels nearby. There are lots of ways to get around Walt Disney World, so please, please, please don't drink and drive!

However you celebrate this year, we hope you have a happy and safe Disney holiday!

Kathy Karalekas is a past Panelist on the Disney Parks Moms Panel, an online forum where guests can have their Disney vacation planning questions answered by a group of everyday moms and dads who are seasoned Disney travelers. Currently, Kathy is a contributing writer for the Tampa Bay Moms Blog and appears on MouseLife, a Disney-fan podcast. She's also a frequent visitor to Walt Disney World with her husband and 8-year-old son.

Helpful Links:

Holidays at Walt Disney World
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
Sunset Season's Greetings
Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail
[...]

Where was all this when I needed it?

[...]

I just found it on Florida News 8 Orlando.

I'm sure LTGDave can use the information.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5