CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: 11/8/2018  (Read 4889 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
11/8/2018
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:00:22 AM »

What's up cigar enthusiasts?!  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 11/8/2018
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 06:11:00 AM »

So here's a story nearly worthy of BD status: our building has an atrium of sorts that's open from the ground floor up to the 4th. So yesterday, about 90 or so minutes after I left, someone fell from the 4th floor all the way down, right outside the section where we work. In fact, the woman who sits in front of me is on our emergency response team, and was there helping him before the ambulance arrived. Somehow, he survived. I didn't know him, and I don't know if anyone is sure if he fell or jumped. But I can imagine it being difficult to accidentally fall over the wall that runs along each floor.

Threebean

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 06:39:04 AM »

So here's a story nearly worthy of BD status: our building has an atrium of sorts that's open from the ground floor up to the 4th. So yesterday, about 90 or so minutes after I left, someone fell from the 4th floor all the way down, right outside the section where we work. In fact, the woman who sits in front of me is on our emergency response team, and was there helping him before the ambulance arrived. Somehow, he survived. I didn't know him, and I don't know if anyone is sure if he fell or jumped. But I can imagine it being difficult to accidentally fall over the wall that runs along each floor.
Ouch!  Hard to believe he survived.  He will be very disappointed. 

Threebean

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 06:40:07 AM »

Good morning OneDave.  Foggy and rain here again today.  Sheesh, if I wanted this fall weather I'd live up north. 

Threebean

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 06:40:37 AM »

And as I know it's important to everyone, Joe is jammin'.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 06:42:43 AM »

good morning Dave and Mark. got the Water Department fed and off to work. cigar and coffee time.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 06:45:01 AM »

maybe he was trying his bird imitations.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 06:46:08 AM »

And as I know it's important to everyone, Joe is jammin'.
and the Page is still Scorching.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 06:46:59 AM »

Apparently, the thud was sickening.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 07:03:28 AM »

Update: he was in surgery all night, and didn't make it. Nate's roommate (who also works here) knew the guy, and it sounds like he wasn't in a good head space. Sounds like it was not an accident.

Threebean

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 07:15:26 AM »

Update: he was in surgery all night, and didn't make it. Nate's roommate (who also works here) knew the guy, and it sounds like he wasn't in a good head space. Sounds like it was not an accident.
That is very sad. 

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 07:23:40 AM »

😢

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 07:40:58 AM »

the roofer just showed up. running shingles today. be interesting to see how many square he puts down in a day alone.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 07:54:57 AM »

Well, for him at least...

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 07:56:53 AM »

Morning TraumaDave, PipeFitterDean and WhiteChristmasBean.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5