CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 11/8/2018  (Read 4898 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 11/8/2018
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 07:57:12 AM »

So here's a story nearly worthy of BD status: our building has an atrium of sorts that's open from the ground floor up to the 4th. So yesterday, about 90 or so minutes after I left, someone fell from the 4th floor all the way down, right outside the section where we work. In fact, the woman who sits in front of me is on our emergency response team, and was there helping him before the ambulance arrived. Somehow, he survived. I didn't know him, and I don't know if anyone is sure if he fell or jumped. But I can imagine it being difficult to accidentally fall over the wall that runs along each floor.
Ouch!  Hard to believe he survived.  He will be very disappointed.
Apparently, the thud was sickening.
Update: he was in surgery all night, and didn't make it. Nate's roommate (who also works here) knew the guy, and it sounds like he wasn't in a good head space. Sounds like it was not an accident.
That is very sad.
Yeah, gonna be a weird day here.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 07:57:19 AM »

Another morning, another airport.

Threebean

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 08:20:35 AM »

Safe travels, BostonDave. 

Threebean

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 08:21:29 AM »

So here's a story nearly worthy of BD status: our building has an atrium of sorts that's open from the ground floor up to the 4th. So yesterday, about 90 or so minutes after I left, someone fell from the 4th floor all the way down, right outside the section where we work. In fact, the woman who sits in front of me is on our emergency response team, and was there helping him before the ambulance arrived. Somehow, he survived. I didn't know him, and I don't know if anyone is sure if he fell or jumped. But I can imagine it being difficult to accidentally fall over the wall that runs along each floor.
Update: he was in surgery all night, and didn't make it. Nate's roommate (who also works here) knew the guy, and it sounds like he wasn't in a good head space. Sounds like it was not an accident.
That is very sad.
Flo needs to bring in donuts, with sprinkles. 

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 08:29:22 AM »

Safe travels, BostonDave.
Thanks. Good incentive this week as I get to catch the Clemson-BC game Saturday night.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 08:42:24 AM »

That is very sad.
I was thinking something similar would be nice. Instead, they brought in grief counselors.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 08:56:41 AM »

That is very sad.
I was thinking something similar would be nice. Instead, they brought in grief counselors.
Donuts are better.

Threebean

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 08:59:45 AM »

That is very sad.
Figures.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 09:10:24 AM »

That is very sad.
Donuts are better.
Agreed.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »

We've got a get-together coming up soon to celebrate hitting $30 billion in written premium. Perhaps we'll get a snack of some sort there. ;)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 10:02:10 AM »

Family?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 10:06:11 AM »

Good morning, gents. The mouse part is over and my feet are thanking me. Now we're visiting every relative known to man from Broward County south. I turned off my Spanish translation brain about an hour ago. Now I'm just smiling and nodding.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 10:20:26 AM »

Good morning, gents. The mouse part is over and my feet are thanking me. Now we're visiting every relative known to man from Broward County south. I turned off my Spanish translation brain about an hour ago. Now I'm just smiling and nodding.

No me importa entender

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 10:21:18 AM »

idiota callate

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 10:22:01 AM »

vete a la mierda
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5