Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Today's Birthdays:

1867 Marie Curie, Polish-French scientist who discovered radium and the 1st woman to win a Nobel Prize (1903, 1911), born in Warsaw, Poland (d. 1934)

1879 Leon Trotsky, Russian Marxist revolutionary, political theorist and founder of the Red Army [OS 26-10-1879], born in Yelizavetgrad, Russian Empire (d. 1940)

1915 Philip Morrison, American physicist, born in Somerville, New Jersey (d. 2005)

1918 Billy Graham, American Baptist evangelist (Crusades) described as 1 of the 20th century's most influential Christian leaders, born in Charlotte, North Carolina (d. 2018)

1922 Al Hirt, jazz trumpeter (Greatest Horn in the World), born in New Orleans, Louisiana

1943 Joni Mitchell, [Roberta J Anderson], Canadian singer (Clouds), born in Fort Macleod, Alberta

1943 Michael Spence, American economist and Nobel Prize laureate, born in Montclair, New Jersey

1950 Alexa Canady, Lansing Michigan, 1st African American female neurosurgeon and educator

1950 Augusto Gen'un Alcalde, 1st South American Zen teacher, born in Buenos Aires, Argentina

1951 Dan Duva, boxing promoter/producer (Howard Stern New Years Party)

1952 David Petraeus, Commanding General of Multinational Force Iraq

1953 Lucinda Green, English equestrian

1954 Kamal Haasan, Indian actor (Vishwaroopam), born in Paramakudi, Tamil Nadu

1955 Detlef Ultsch, German judoka

1955 René Marie, American jazz singer (Sound of Red), born in Warrenton, Virginia

1956 Denise Jannah, [Zeefuik], Suriname jazz singer (Farmer's Market)

1956 Judy Tenuta, American comedian, born in Chicago, Illinois

1957 Christopher Knight, American actor (Peter-Brady Bunch), born in NYC, New York

1957 Jonathan Palmer, formula-1 racer

1957 Kathy McMillan, long jumper (Olympic silver 1976)

1958 Jack Wyngaard, South African dancer (d. 1996)

1958 Lori Saldaña, American politician

1959 Billy Gillispie, American basketball coach

1959 Alexandre Guimarães, Costa Rican football manager

1960 Tommy Thayer, American guitarist (Kiss)

1961 Mintcho Pachov, Bulgaria, 67.5kg weightlifer (Olympic bronze 1980)

1962 Arend Bouwmeester, Dutch saxophonist (Bob Color)

1962 Wayne Norman Phillips, Vic opener cricketer (Test for Aust v Ind 1992)

1963 John Barnes, British soccer player

1963 Michael Heidt, hockey defenseman (Team Germany), born in Calgary, Alberta

1963 Shelly Miller, WPVA volleyballer (US Open-25th-1994), born in Youngstown, Ohio

1963 Todd McKee, actor (Ted-Santa Barbara, Bold & Beautiful)

1964 Dana Plato, Maywood California, actress (Kimberly-Diff'rent Strokes)

1964 Liam O'Maonlai, Irish vocalist/pianist (Hothouse Flowers-I'm Sorry)

1964 Gill Holland, American producer

1965 Sigrun Wodars, German athlete

1966 Andy Tomberlin, Monroe NC, outfielder (NY Mets)

1966 Lisa Canning, Virgin Islands, hostess (Entertainment Tonight)

1966 Murphy Logo Su'a, cricket pace bowler (NZ left-arm of Samoan parents)

1966 Calvin Borel, American Racing Hall of Fame jockey (Kentucky Derby 2007, 09, 10), born in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana

1967 Sharleen Spiteri Scottish singer and songwriter (Texas)

1967 David Guetta, French songwriter, DJ and record producer (One Love, When Love Takes Over), born in Paris, France

1968 Russ Springer, Alexandria VA, pitcher (Philadelphia Phillies)

1968 Greg Tribbett, American musician (Mudvayne)

1968 Mark Preston, Australian engineer

1969 Michelle Morse, Ft Rucker Ala, WPVA volleyballer (US Open-13th-1995)

1969 Tanya Dubnicoff, cyclist (Olympic 6th 1992, 96), born in Winnipeg, Manitoba

1969 Hélène Grimaud, French pianist

1969 Michelle Clunie, American actress

1970 Andre Hastings, NFL wide receiver (Pittsburgh Steelers, New Orleans Saints)

1970 Kris[ten] Fillat, field hockey forward (Olympics 1996), born in San Diego, California

1970 Marc Rosset, tennis star (1992 French Doubles), born in Geneva, Switzerland

1970 Neil Hannon, Northern Irish musician (The Divine Comedy)

1970 Andy Houston, American NASCAR driver

1970 Morgan Spurlock, American director and producer

1971 Jamie Drummond, Scottish Canadian Sommelier

1971 Robin Finck, American musician

1972 Christopher Daniel Barnes, American actor (As World Turns), born in Portland, Maine

1972 Emily Porter Lesueur, synchronized swimmer (Olympic gold 1996), born in Glendale, California

1972 Jane Taylor, Maitland NSW Aust, tennis star (1995 Futures-Wagga Waga)

1972 Jeremy London, actor (I'll Fly Away, Party of Five)

1972 Jimmy Gary, NFL running back (Seattle Seahawks)

1972 Mike Goldman, Australian media personality

1972 Marcus Stewart, English football player

1973 Yunjin Kim, South Korean actress

1973 Martín Palermo, Argentine footballer

1974 Kris Benson, Konnesaw TX, baseball pitcher (Olympic bronze 1996)

1974 Tarek Saleh, linebacker (Carolina Panthers)

1974 Chris Summers, Norwegian drummer (Turbonegro)

1975 Marcus Luttrell, American former Navy SEAL ("Lone Survivor"), born in Houston, Texas

1976 Mark Philippoussis, Australia, tennis star (140 MPH serve)

1976 Zahir Raheem, bantamweight boxer (Olympics 1996), born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

1976 One Be Lo, hip-hop artist

1978 Rio Ferdinand, English footballer

1978 Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Dutch footballer

1978 Tomoya Nagase, Japanese actor and singer (TOKIO)

1979 Danny Fonseca, Costa Rican footballer

1979 Barney Harwood, CBBC presenter

1979 Will Demps, American football player

1979 Joey Ryan, American professional wrestler

1979 Jon Peter Lewis, American singer

1979 Mike Commodore, American professional hockey player

1980 Gervasio Deferr, Spanish gymnast

1980 James Franklin, New Zealand Cricket player

1980 Luciana Salazar, Argentine model and actress

1981 Muhammad Hassan, professional wrestler

1981 Anthony Moffat, Scottish musician, writer and filmmaker

1981 Anushka Shetty, Tollywood Film Actress

1986 Sol Aranza, Mexican voice actress

1990 Matt Corby, Australian singer

1995 Bethany Mota, American video blogger, born in Merced County, California

1996 Lorde [Ella Yelich-O'Connor], New Zealand singer (Royals), born in Auckland, New Zealand

Just escape over to Epcot.  You can eat and drink your way around the World Showcase with the Food and Wine Festival just wrapping up.
That's today's plan.
Usually pretty crowded, but there is a nice little tequila bar in Mexico (inside, right in the pyramid).  UK is also a nice place to stop for a bit o Scotch or a pint.

Some Walt Disney Quotes for Tony today:

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. - Walt Disney

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - Walt Disney

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney

Just escape over to Epcot.  You can eat and drink your way around the World Showcase with the Food and Wine Festival just wrapping up.
That's today's plan.
That'll loosen up your attitude in no time.
Saw a bunch of guys wearing shirts that said, Most Expensive Day Ever!

Just escape over to Epcot.  You can eat and drink your way around the World Showcase with the Food and Wine Festival just wrapping up.
That's today's plan.
That'll loosen up your attitude in no time.
Saw a bunch of guys wearing shirts that said, Most Expensive Day Ever!
LALTS

Some Walt Disney Quotes for Tony today:

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. - Walt Disney

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - Walt Disney

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney
What's with all the damn Jews? - Walt Disney

good morning Tony and Dave and Dave. it's Golf Day! just hope I stop hurting in time to tee off. and Tony cancelled on me in lieu of driving himself crazy. 😲
he'll have to go back to work to rest up.

Some Walt Disney Quotes for Tony today:

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. - Walt Disney

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - Walt Disney

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney
What's with all the damn Jews? - Walt Disney
Please tell me that last one is not real.

good morning Tony and Dave and Dave. it's Golf Day! just hope I stop hurting in time to tee off. and Tony cancelled on me in lieu of driving himself crazy.
he'll have to go back to work to rest up.
No shit. I can't wait for Monday.

Edit: It's like I'm living a horrible Golden Girls episode.

Some Walt Disney Quotes for Tony today:

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. - Walt Disney

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - Walt Disney

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney
What's with all the damn Jews? - Walt Disney
Please tell me that last one is not real.
Well, he was pretty anti-semitic, so I'm sure he said something similar at one time or another.

good morning Tony and Dave and Dave. it's Golf Day! just hope I stop hurting in time to tee off. and Tony cancelled on me in lieu of driving himself crazy.
he'll have to go back to work to rest up.
No shit. I can't wait for Monday.

Edit: It's like I'm living a horrible Golden Girls episode.
LOL. just don't get your panties in a bunch.

good morning Tony and Dave and Dave. it's Golf Day! just hope I stop hurting in time to tee off. and Tony cancelled on me in lieu of driving himself crazy.
he'll have to go back to work to rest up.
No shit. I can't wait for Monday.

Edit: It's like I'm living a horrible Golden Girls episode.
Only 9 more days until I get to join in the fun. Though, at least I won't have any older folk to cart around, so that helps.

good morning Tony and Dave and Dave. it's Golf Day! just hope I stop hurting in time to tee off. and Tony cancelled on me in lieu of driving himself crazy.
he'll have to go back to work to rest up.
No shit. I can't wait for Monday.

Edit: It's like I'm living a horrible Golden Girls episode.
LOL. just don't get your panties in a bunch.
The way his trip seems to be going, he's probably happy if he remembers to put on underpants before he heads to the park.

Just escape over to Epcot.  You can eat and drink your way around the World Showcase with the Food and Wine Festival just wrapping up.
That's today's plan.
That'll loosen up your attitude in no time.
Saw a bunch of guys wearing shirts that said, Most Expensive Day Ever!
Probably spent $40 for those T shirts...

Some Walt Disney Quotes for Tony today:

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. - Walt Disney

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - Walt Disney

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. - Walt Disney
What's with all the damn Jews? - Walt Disney
Now, now....
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9