Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Temps are still favorable here but looks like we'll be getting rain today. The roads were a little slick on my way in so it looks like it started some over night.
It's been raining here pretty consistently since early Wednesday. Supposed to continue off and on until Sunday.

Halloween didn't go over two well this year.  We didn't have any kids this year, so we turned our lights out early this year.  Our neighbor said she had a car stop by with 6 kids, so I guess we didn't miss much...  God, what ever happened to the good'ol days with kids coming home with pillow cases full of candy..?  I don't mind getting old so much, but I do find it hard putting up with all of the social changes...!  Such as, you can't smoke when you are in a bar.  If my father was still alive, he would think I was lying to him if I told him that...  ugh..!
Didn't the little lady have a costume for you this year?

good morning Dad, Daves, and Tony. getting ready for a memorial service for another sober brother. church service at 10am followed by military funeral at the Bushnell Memorial Park. sober about 42 years. old Lt Cammander. married 51 years. it was sudden.

Convicted sex offender asks judge for castration instead of prison sentence
1 hour ago
A convicted sex offender in Alabama asked a judge if he could be castrated instead of serving his full prison sentence.

Stephen Bunyard appeared in a Madison County, Alabama, court room after he violated parole from a 2007 rape case. Instead of serving the full term of his punishment, Bunyard asked the judge if he could be castrated instead.

"Let him serve 10 years of his 30 year sentence and then as a condition of his release have the castration performed," Larry Marsili Bunyard's attorney told WAAY .

Bunyard has also been recently accused of raping a 79-year-old woman.

The judge denied Bunyard's request and sentenced him to the full 30 years.

"His request for castration while unusual it was not just an attempt to get out of trouble or to get out scot-free," Marsili added. "Because of his age and his overall health is not excellent. He knew or I believe in his view 15 year consecutive sentences would have essentially amounted to a life sentence for him anyway."

If Bunyard is convicted on the new rape charge, he faces a sentence of life without parole.

Morning Tony, Dave, Dean and BackToBedBD.

where sre they getting the money?

Migrants traveling to US sue Trump, government; claim violation of constitutional rights.

Today is Nov. 2, the 306th day of 2018.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On Nov. 2, 1976, former Georgia Gov. Jimmy Carter became the first candidate from the Deep South since the Civil War to be elected president as he defeated incumbent Gerald R. Ford.

On this date:
In 1783, General George Washington issued his Farewell Address to the Army near Princeton, New Jersey.
In 1889, North Dakota and South Dakota became the 39th and 40th states with the signing of proclamations by President Benjamin Harrison.
In 1917, British Foreign Secretary Arthur Balfour issued a declaration expressing support for a “national home” for the Jews in Palestine.
In 1930, Haile Selassie (HY’-lee sehl-AH’-see) was crowned emperor of Ethiopia.
In 1947, Howard Hughes piloted his huge wooden flying boat, the Hughes H-4 Hercules (derisively dubbed the “Spruce Goose” by detractors), on its only flight, which lasted about a minute over Long Beach Harbor in California.
In 1948, President Harry S. Truman surprised the experts by winning a narrow upset over Republican challenger Thomas E. Dewey.
In 1950, playwright George Bernard Shaw, 94, died in Ayot St. Lawrence, Hertfordshire, England.
In 1959, game show contestant Charles Van Doren admitted to a House subcommittee that he’d been given questions and answers in advance when he appeared on the N-B-C T-V program “Twenty-One.”
In 1986, kidnappers in Lebanon released American hospital administrator David Jacobsen after holding him for 17 months.
In 1992, movie producer Hal Roach died in Los Angeles at age 100.
In 1994, a jury in Pensacola, Florida, convicted Paul Hill of murder for the shotgun slayings of an abortion provider and his bodyguard; Hill was executed in September 2003.
In 2000, American astronaut Bill Shepherd and two Russian cosmonauts, Yuri Gidzenko and Sergei Krikalev, became the first residents of the international space station.
In 2008: Barack Obama and John McCain uncorked massive get-out-the-vote operations in more than a dozen battleground states the Sunday before Election Day. Obama’s grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham, died in Honolulu at age 86. Paula Radcliffe defended her title at the New York City Marathon to become the second woman to win the race three times; Marilson Gomes dos Santos of Brazil won the men’s race for the second time in three years.
In 2013: Gunmen abducted and killed French radio journalists Ghislaine Dupont and Claude Verlon in northern Mali, grabbing the pair as they left the home of a rebel leader.
In 2017: President Donald Trump tapped Jerome Powell to replace Janet Yellen as Federal Reserve chair at the end of her term in February. Authorities in Los Angeles and New York said they had opened new investigations prompted by sexual misconduct allegations against Harvey Weinstein. Twitter reported that a customer support worker who was on his or her last day on the job had deactivated President Donald Trump’s Twitter account for a few minutes, resulting in an error message that the user “does not exist.”

where sre they getting the money?

Migrants traveling to US sue Trump, government; claim violation of constitutional rights.
I'm sure there are no shortage of lawyers willing to take on that case pro-bono.

Morning Tony, Dave, Dean and BackToBedBD.
good morning Dave.

Ten years ago: Barack Obama and John McCain uncorked massive get-out-the-vote operations in more than a dozen battleground states the Sunday before Election Day. Obama's grandmother, Madelyn Payne Dunham, died in Honolulu at age 86. Paula Radcliffe defended her title at the New York City Marathon to become the second woman to win the race three times; Marilson Gomes dos Santos of Brazil won the men's race for the second time in three years.

Five years ago: Gunmen abducted and killed French radio journalists Ghislaine Dupont and Claude Verlon in northern Mali, grabbing the pair as they left the home of a rebel leader.

One year ago: President Donald Trump tapped Jerome Powell to replace Janet Yellen as Federal Reserve chair at the end of her term in February. Authorities in Los Angeles and New York said they had opened new investigations prompted by sexual misconduct allegations against Harvey Weinstein. Twitter reported that a customer support worker who was on his or her last day on the job had deactivated President Donald Trump's Twitter account for a few minutes, resulting in an error message that the user "does not exist."

I lucked out twice this week, and had some great weather for having a cigar....  Even thou I like my sweet and crazy cigars, I do enjoy a Diesel Holy Cocktail.  I had it with some Knob Creek Rye, so that relaxed me for around an hour..!   :o   The 2nd day I had a sweet and crazy MoonTrance...  Yelp, I like those too....   :)
Moontrance is like stripper glitter....that "distinct" aroma just stays with you.
Spoken with authority that comes from years of experience.

Thought for Today: "If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons." -- James Thurber (1894-1961).

Halloween didn't go over two well this year.  We didn't have any kids this year, so we turned our lights out early this year.  Our neighbor said she had a car stop by with 6 kids, so I guess we didn't miss much...  God, what ever happened to the good'ol days with kids coming home with pillow cases full of candy..?  I don't mind getting old so much, but I do find it hard putting up with all of the social changes...!  Such as, you can't smoke when you are in a bar.  If my father was still alive, he would think I was lying to him if I told him that...  ugh..!
Didn't the little lady have a costume for you this year?
Careful what you ask.

where sre they getting the money?

Migrants traveling to US sue Trump, government; claim violation of constitutional rights.
Lawyers get their name in the press...they'll do it for free.

good morning Dad, Daves, and Tony. getting ready for a memorial service for another sober brother. church service at 10am followed by military funeral at the Bushnell Memorial Park. sober about 42 years. old Lt Cammander. married 51 years. it was sudden.
Sorry for your loss, Deano. Sounds like he was a good man.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5