CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: 11/2/2018  (Read 5921 times)

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: 11/2/2018
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2018, 01:34:57 PM »

Now all I have left to talk about is my parakeet Petey No. 03.  I've turned into one of those old cat women that can only talk about their cats... sheez   The parakeet has started dive bombing me lately.  He flies as fast has he can, and bounces off the top of my head as he passes.  Sort of like a Mocking Bird.  I know he's doing it on purpose, because he's flying way to fast to attempt landing on my head.  I thought a bird was one step above having a pet fish.  And they would just sit in their cage and eat bird seed...  The other day the bird landed on top of my computer screen, and started screeching at me.  After a few minutes I decided that the loud screeching was to get my attention.  So I looked at him as if, "ok, you've got my attention..!"  Then he peeps at me.  I go back to paying attention to the computer and he starts screeching again.  Ok, what the hell do you want..?  And, he peeps at me again.  So, I peep back and him.  Then every time I peep, he peeps.  This goes on for a few minutes, and I tell my wife, "I think this bird is trying to teach me how to peep...?"  No, this can't be right..?  Birds don't teach people how to do tricks do they..?  I guess I'm going to have to e-mail KC and get some bird advise to see if I'm crazy or not...?
BD, you don't need the advice, we know you are crazy.... hello guys.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2018, 01:53:42 PM »

Now all I have left to talk about is my parakeet Petey No. 03.  I've turned into one of those old cat women that can only talk about their cats... sheez   The parakeet has started dive bombing me lately.  He flies as fast has he can, and bounces off the top of my head as he passes.  Sort of like a Mocking Bird.  I know he's doing it on purpose, because he's flying way to fast to attempt landing on my head.  I thought a bird was one step above having a pet fish.  And they would just sit in their cage and eat bird seed...  The other day the bird landed on top of my computer screen, and started screeching at me.  After a few minutes I decided that the loud screeching was to get my attention.  So I looked at him as if, "ok, you've got my attention..!"  Then he peeps at me.  I go back to paying attention to the computer and he starts screeching again.  Ok, what the hell do you want..?  And, he peeps at me again.  So, I peep back and him.  Then every time I peep, he peeps.  This goes on for a few minutes, and I tell my wife, "I think this bird is trying to teach me how to peep...?"  No, this can't be right..?  Birds don't teach people how to do tricks do they..?  I guess I'm going to have to e-mail KC and get some bird advise to see if I'm crazy or not...?
BD, you don't need the advice, we know you are crazy.... hello guys.
Howdy, flip.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2018, 02:19:06 PM »

I lucked out twice this week, and had some great weather for having a cigar....  Even thou I like my sweet and crazy cigars, I do enjoy a Diesel Holy Cocktail.  I had it with some Knob Creek Rye, so that relaxed me for around an hour..!   :o   The 2nd day I had a sweet and crazy MoonTrance...  Yelp, I like those too....   :)
Moontrance is like stripper glitter....that "distinct" aroma just stays with you.
Spoken with authority that comes from years of experience.
So I've heard from Flip.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2018, 02:21:17 PM »

Flip's lunchtime lull...

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2018, 02:28:37 PM »

long day. very nice services. the Military Honors were tear jerkers.
two admirals and a general sent couriers with consolation letters.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 02:29:09 PM »

Flip's lunchtime lull...
Sheesh, indeed. By the way, the motorcycle image is awe inspiring.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2018, 02:29:49 PM »

Hazzuh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2018, 02:30:37 PM »

Flip's lunchtime lull...
I see now that the compliment was meant for LTG. But I'm sure you've done some good stuff too.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2018, 02:31:36 PM »

That's good to hear. We'll need to light something in his honor today.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2018, 02:35:25 PM »

two admirals and a general sent couriers with condolences letters.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »

That's good to hear. We'll need to light something in his honor today.
I had an LaDC on the way home with coffee. he always mentioned how he enjoyed cigars years ago.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2018, 02:39:06 PM »

Dick Greenwood, retired Lt. Commander from the United States Navy, passed away on Thursday, October 25, 2018, in Ocala. A native of Nebraska, he moved to Dunnellon 15 years ago, coming here from Nebraska.

Dick was a frequent visitor at WonRebos Meeting along with Club Recovery Friday step meeting. He was one of the best gentlemen that I personally have ever had the privilege to meet. His wisdom and humor will be missed greatly.

He was a 50-year member of the Masons, and also a member of the Dunnellon United Methodist Church.
Survivors include his wife of 51 years, Helene Greenwood, and his son Rich Greenwood, Jr.
A memorial service for Mr. Greenwood will be held at 10 AM Friday, November 2, 2018, at the Dunnellon United Methodist Church. He will be laid to rest in the Florida National Cemetery in Bushnell with full military honors.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2018, 03:20:17 PM »

Flip's lunchtime lull...
I see now that the compliment was meant for LTG. But I'm sure you've done some good stuff too.
TNWSS

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2018, 03:34:50 PM »

thunderstorms moved in.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2018, 03:55:46 PM »

I lucked out twice this week, and had some great weather for having a cigar....  Even thou I like my sweet and crazy cigars, I do enjoy a Diesel Holy Cocktail.  I had it with some Knob Creek Rye, so that relaxed me for around an hour..!   :o   The 2nd day I had a sweet and crazy MoonTrance...  Yelp, I like those too....   :)
Moontrance is like stripper glitter....that "distinct" aroma just stays with you.
Spoken with authority that comes from years of experience.
So I've heard from Flip.
I have never smoked a moontrance.... LOL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5