CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 10/29/2018  (Read 7264 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 10/29/2018
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2018, 01:50:06 PM »

Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
I never signed up for that. I guess I'll just eat chicken instead.
you,do know that the chickens are alive when the cut the heads off right? and they run around headless for quite awhile.
maybe eat more salads.
Chickens have heads? I never saw one of those at KFC.

Edit: Is that what they're referring to as the dark meat?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2018, 02:03:40 PM »

you,do know that the chickens are alive when the cut the heads off right? and they run around headless for quite awhile.
maybe eat more salads.

I've heard they don't serve dark meat in the south.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2018, 02:19:23 PM »

maybe eat more salads.

Ouch.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2018, 02:26:20 PM »

maybe eat more salads.

Ouch.
Thank you, I'll be here all week! Make sure you try the mushroom and swiss burgers.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2018, 02:26:31 PM »

Actually, no I won't, cause hazzuh!

Threebean

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »

CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
Best case is how it worked out, other than the citizen and his kid being injured. Unless there's more to this story, the guy deserves a medal.

Threebean

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2018, 02:31:03 PM »

CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
I've been assured that the best case scenario is more guns. Preferably, one gun for every man, woman and child. And I don't mean by numbers, I literally mean every man, woman and child should carry their own gun.
If there had been an armed worshiper at the synagogue in PA we might have a few less dead/injured innocents.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2018, 02:48:07 PM »

CCW works.

I've been assured that the best case scenario is more guns. Preferably, one gun for every man, woman and child. And I don't mean by numbers, I literally mean every man, woman and child should carry their own gun.
If there had been an armed worshiper at the synagogue in PA we might have a few less dead/injured innocents.
Indeed, going to have a new volunteer position at Churches and synagogues...armed guard/sniper.   Maybe the K of C will hold weekly target practice?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2018, 02:51:42 PM »

Arrived in Denver. Getting lunch before heading out to hotel and a cigar.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2018, 02:54:37 PM »

Free tickets to Knicks/Nets this evening. Or I can go home and literally watch the paint dry.
or have a cigar...

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2018, 02:58:15 PM »

CCW works.

Best case is how it worked out, other than the citizen and his kid being injured. Unless there's more to this story, the guy deserves a medal.
I thought something similar but then I realized I didn't know the whole story. There's a possibility that there were extenuating circumstances... Like the fry cook was given it to his wife. Who knows?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »

Free tickets to Knicks/Nets this evening. Or I can go home and literally watch the paint dry.
or have a cigar...
Might now be able to squeeze one in before the game. Win/win... except for the Knicks.

Threebean

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »

CCW works.

I thought something similar but then I realized I didn't know the whole story. There's a possibility that there were extenuating circumstances... Like the fry cook was given it to his wife. Who knows?
Something like that probably going on as it seems the assailant was lurking outside the locked store until they let a customer out, who in this case was armed and prevented whatever killing he had in mind.

Threebean

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »

CCW works.

Indeed, going to have a new volunteer position st Churches and synagogues...armed guard/sniper.   Maybe the zk of C will hold weekly target practice?
That would certainly help K of C recruiting efforts! 

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2018, 03:30:09 PM »

‘He’s my hero’: Masked gunman blazed into McDonald’s - but had to face a protective dad
BY SCOTT BERSON

SBERSON@MCCLATCHY.COM

October 29, 2018 08:03 AM

An ordinary night at a Birmingham, Ala., McDonald’s erupted in chaos and tragedy after a masked gunman stormed the restaurant and began shooting Saturday, WIAT reported.

But a father, who was in the restaurant with his two sons waiting to be let outside, pulled out his own gun and returned fire, according to the station.

“Wrapping my head around it all, I was just wishing someone would come wake me up from this nightmare,” said Markus Washington, an employee who barricaded himself in the restaurant’s freezer, WBRC reported. “I was making two quarter-pounders and heard three shots ring, and then exchange of gunfire two more..”

The gunfire began shortly before 10:45 that night as an employee was unlocking the door to let the man and his sons out of the restaurant, which was closing, AL.com reported.

When a masked man burst into the restaurant and began shooting, the dad pulled out his own weapon, and a hail of gunfire washed over the restaurant. When it was over, the dad, the gunman and one of the two sons had been shot, according to WIAT.

Police arrived and took the three injured people to the hospital, where the gunman later died, WVTM reported. The father and son did not have life threatening injuries, according to the station.

“It’s truly sad, but it’s something as a community we can overcome,’‘ Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Bryan Shelton said, according to AL.com. “We just have to work together to find a solution to our issues without resorting to violence. Right now it appears the victim made a decision that cost his life and the father made a decision that preserved his and children’s’ life.”

The employee who hid in the restaurant freezer called the father his “hero,” WBRC reported.

“Because I can only imagine how it would’ve went if he wasn’t armed,” he said, according to the station. “We might not be here having this interview.”

Police said they were not sure if the man was attempting to rob the McDonald’s or if he was targeting someone, WIAT reported. Police don’t expect the father to face charges.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6