Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2018, 11:28:56 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
wow, hunting has sure changed since the last time I went.
Yeah, people are no longer using muskets. :D

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2018, 11:43:26 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
wow, hunting has sure changed since the last time I went.
Eastern Montana is mostly large cattle ranches. The state organized a block management system, which formalizes access to hunt on the ranches and compensates landowners from the license fees paid, especially by nonresidents. You can't drive onto the land and can't camp there. You have to park at the designated areas and walk on, and you do a lot of walking to find the deer. It's not forested, so  no hunting from tree stands. So you walk a lot, and most shots are taken at 200+ yards. And you stay at motels or AirBnB's in the towns.

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2018, 11:58:12 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
wow, hunting has sure changed since the last time I went.
Yeah, people are no longer using muskets. :D
Hahaha

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2018, 11:58:53 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, BackToRealityBret. Any good hunting stories?
Depends on how you define "good." Nothing funny or astounding. I didn't get thrown out of any bars.

I guess that means, "no, there aren't any good hunting stories."
so, nobody got too drunk and fell in the campfire? darn.
No campfires. We stayed in an AirBnB rental. There's too much ground to cover out there for camping. And we only went to the bar once.
wow, hunting has sure changed since the last time I went.
Yeah, people are no longer using muskets. :D
Oh, yeah, they are, but that's a separate season. ;-)

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2018, 11:59:43 AM »

Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2018, 12:15:02 PM »

[...]

definately not like NY, or Florida.

« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2018, 12:23:56 PM »

Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2018, 12:57:39 PM »

Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
I never signed up for that. I guess I'll just eat chicken instead.

« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2018, 01:04:24 PM »

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »

« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2018, 01:09:18 PM »

CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.

« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2018, 01:27:53 PM »

Wait, I thought meat came from the supermarket.
it does, but somebody has to kill it first.
I never signed up for that. I guess I'll just eat chicken instead.
you,do know that the chickens are alive when the cut the heads off right? and they run around headless for quite awhile.
maybe eat more salads.

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2018, 01:33:37 PM »

CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
I've been assured that the best case scenario is more guns. Preferably, one gun for every man, woman and child. And I don't mean by numbers, I literally mean every man, woman and child should carry their own gun.

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2018, 01:35:58 PM »

CCW works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/birmingham-mcdonalds-shooting-father-shoots-and-kills-masked-gunman-who-opened-fire-at-alabama-restaurant/
What do you think would have happened if the masked man had seen the dad carrying a gun?
he might have gone elsewhere and started shooting.
I really don't know. Maybe he would have just shot him first. Trying to figure out what would have been the best case scenario.
I've been assured that the best case scenario is more guns. Preferably, one gun for every man, woman and child. And I don't mean by numbers, I literally mean every man, woman and child should carry their own gun.
👍
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6