Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2018, 09:07:17 AM »

Holy shit, is it still Monday? I feel like Dean today with a week of Mondays.
Please!

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2018, 09:08:09 AM »

Wow, page 3 already!  ;D5e3

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2018, 09:09:08 AM »

On board, only an hour delay...which for Newark is right on time.

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2018, 09:09:57 AM »

Try not to get too many pages done before I sign back on...😏

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2018, 09:12:43 AM »

Holy shit, is it still Monday? I feel like Dean today with a week of Mondays.
glad to hear you're having a good day. I ❤ Mondays. every day in Monday, except Sunday.

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2018, 09:13:32 AM »

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 09:17:21 AM »

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 09:21:33 AM »

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »

New phone system training now, followed by a team meeting. Certainly feels like a Monday morning here.

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2018, 09:30:40 AM »

First time I ever had a cigar, I was eight years old.  Believe it or not, it was with my old man.  It was at a time in my life when I was reaching my oats.  Ha!  Started getting into trouble and rough housing around the neighborhood.  I got into a brawl that caused me to have a black eye and my father, when he came home from work, looked me over and brought me outside to the back porch.  I sat in one chair, he sat in the other and he looked into my eyes and said, “So, you wanta be a man?”  My father had that off the boat Italian accent.  I said, “I am a man, pop!”  My father pulled out two thick ass cigars.  He cut off the tips of them, lit them both and handed me one.  He said, “Since you ara man, smoke a this with a me because a men smoka cigars”.

So, I stood there with my father, some fifteen minutes of hell because my lungs were on fire and I thought I was going to cough them out!  I must have turned green, blue, orange, red, God knows, fifty colors at least and the whole time my father is staring at me stone statue, like he always did.  I was determined to get through the cigar because if I didn’t then that meant I wasn’t a man and I had to show face in front of my father.  Ha-ha-ha!  So, it turns out I finished my cigar and I was as light headed as one can be and my father put his hands on my shoulders; big muscular workman’s hands, the kind of hands that could crush you into an accordion and he says, “Charlie, nowa that you ara man, you get to go to work.”  And with that, I began working for my old man, first job I ever had, doing demolition construction.

I lasted one day when finally my father pulled me aside and asked me if I still wanted to be a man.  I told him, “Not yet”.  He laughed so loud and hard and all the other construction workers burst into laughter and I realized that I had a lot of growing up to do.  It served me right and it was a good lesson.  I’ll never forget that.

Eh, was the one time me and my old man had some kind of…eh, I don’t know…something.

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2018, 09:34:58 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6