CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: 10/17/2018  (Read 8367 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 10/17/2018
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2018, 08:51:17 AM »

But I will PW us to page 2.
Well done. I was tending to my furnace that blew up. Guess I'll be working remotely today.

Knew I shouldn't have turned the damn thing on.
that sucks. I turn mine on once a month for a few minutes just to see if it works. but I only need it about 2 weeks out of the year. that and my landlord has a bi-annual service contract that checks and cleans the duct work also.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2018, 09:05:53 AM »

Good morning Daves, Tony, and UpLateDean. Rainy again this morning, flooding in the area.  And there's this dumbass.
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/child-rescued-after-leander-isd-bus-was-swept-away-driver-arrested/1528763474
And good old Austin does not allow restaurants or food businesses to throw out food.....thanks mom.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-restaurants-can-no-longer-throw-away-food/1490252822

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 09:07:20 AM »

Well done. I was tending to my furnace that blew up. Guess I'll be working remotely today.

That is my fear every year around this time.
There's a thing called annual HVAC service.  You should look into it.
I think he tried ordering that from Small Batch Cigar yesterday.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 09:12:39 AM »

Another non-cigar topic....any of you own a Surface Pro?  I'm thinking about replacing my laptop with one.  Saw one in action recently and thought it was really handy.  Problem is that bastard Bill Gates is mighty proud of them.  About $2K configured with what I need.
Surface but no pro.  Like it fine, keyboard is a little small for everyday.
Pro would make sense for work, I'm not quite ready to commit to that for everyday  (then again, I just went with a laptop to replacing a desktop.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 09:25:08 AM »

That is my fear every year around this time.
Blew up is not accurate. I might be exaggerating a bit. There is a valve on the side that I use to drain the furnace of all the dirty, rusty water. I attempted to drain it this morning before turning it on and it was completely clogged. So I turned the furnace on thinking that it might help loosen things up a little... Sure did! The pipe and all the steaming dirty water came shooting out of the side.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 09:28:16 AM »

Another non-cigar topic....any of you own a Surface Pro?  I'm thinking about replacing my laptop with one.  Saw one in action recently and thought it was really handy.  Problem is that bastard Bill Gates is mighty proud of them.  About $2K configured with what I need.
Yeah, I looked at one. They're pricey. Wound up buying a new laptop instead. I know plenty of folks who own them and love 'em. Never tried one, myself.

Threebean

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 09:31:23 AM »

Pro would make sense for work, I'm not quite ready to commit to that for everyday  (then again, I just went with a laptop to replacing a desktop.
Thanks.  Pretty sure one can plug an external monitor and keyboard in for desk use when not on the road.  Maybe there will be a Christmas sale.  8)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 09:32:49 AM »

Thanks.  Pretty sure one can plug an external monitor and keyboard in for desk use when not on the road.  Maybe there will be a Christmas sale.  8)
Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up in about a month.

Threebean

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 09:33:46 AM »

Indeed, good cheapy cheapo hunting grounds.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2018, 09:45:19 AM »

@ Mr. Bean....I know you like Leaf, but didn't know they like you enough to do a cigar for you....WOW!

https://www.cigarking.com/rare-roma-craft-tobac-leaf-bean-by-esteban-toro-6x52-bundle-of-10-free-shipping-on-your-entire-order/

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2018, 09:46:59 AM »

Indeed, good cheapy cheapo hunting grounds.
Except for cigars... :(

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2018, 10:10:57 AM »

grrrr, mayor of Inglis asked if I would do a flyer for the Inglis Animal Shelter fundraiser Friday.
😖

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2018, 10:15:07 AM »

grrrr, mayor of Inglis asked if I would do a flyer for the Inglis Animal Shelter fundraiser Friday.
😖
Did you answer before realizing 'no' was an option?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2018, 10:22:20 AM »

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2018, 10:23:47 AM »

😖
Did you answer before realizing 'no' was an option?
she is a great politician. knows how to sweet talk to get what she wants, and puts you in your place when she doesn't.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8