CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 10/11/2018  (Read 5995 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/11/2018
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2018, 03:24:57 PM »

Le Careme lit and watching the wind blow. 

SSE wind @ 30-35 with gusts in the low to mid 40’s.  Intermittent rain showers.  Should be past us in the next hour or so.
That is a very tasty cigar.  Tend to think of it as a "dessert" cigar, best to have with coffee after a meal.
Great smokes but the only meal I drink coffee after is breakfast so guess it is a breakfast dessert cigar and a fine one at that.

I tend to think of Old Baptists when someone drinks coffee after dinner rather than a nice Port, Madeira or fine whiskey/whisky.
My brother is a strict Nazarene ...  So he has to pour his soda out of the can so he can fill it with beer ... 

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 03:26:56 PM »

Le Careme lit and watching the wind blow. 

SSE wind @ 30-35 with gusts in the low to mid 40’s.  Intermittent rain showers.  Should be past us in the next hour or so.
That is a very tasty cigar.  Tend to think of it as a "dessert" cigar, best to have with coffee after a meal.
Great smokes but the only meal I drink coffee after is breakfast so guess it is a breakfast dessert cigar and a fine one at that.

I tend to think of Old Baptists when someone drinks coffee after dinner rather than a nice Port, Madeira or fine whiskey/whisky.
Usually coffee and Port immediately after dinner (as more people generally partake than with the cigars).  Whiskey then follows after adjourning to an appropriate smoking area.
Yeal, my bird is talking up a storm...!  Oh sorry... You said, "partake, not parakeet...!"  Nothing to see here, move along..!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2018, 03:28:51 PM »

As a former cigar smoker, i could see why one might want a wine with an "ash component",
but I draw the line at asphalt!  The bouquet is steady and smooth in delivery with a steady succession of black fruit flavors followed by smoke, ash, licorice and road pavement.
Sounds like a Gurkha.
I was thinking that, but I didn't say it...

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2018, 03:29:22 PM »

My wife is stealing the computer...  Gotta go... Time for another nap.

Threebean

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2018, 04:24:11 PM »

Afternoon whoever's left.  This talk of pairings and since SBC has GOtF, in the man cave with Lirio Rojo and coffee.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2018, 10:14:49 PM »

Afternoon whoever's left.  This talk of pairings and since SBC has GOtF, in the man cave with Lirio Rojo and coffee.
Now that is a fine wrap for the day.  You get out for a ride today?

Threebean

« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2018, 10:23:06 PM »

I did indeed. Great day for it.  Four hours worth down and back to Brenham on the back roads. 

Threebean

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2018, 11:14:52 PM »

Still riding weather up there, right. Time to play hooky and take a fall color tour. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]