CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 10/11/2018  (Read 5991 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 10/11/2018
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2018, 11:20:55 AM »

Guest appearance by the Razter!
Good Day sir!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2018, 11:29:46 AM »

Le Careme lit and watching the wind blow. 

SSE wind @ 30-35 with gusts in the low to mid 40’s.  Intermittent rain showers.  Should be past us in the next hour or so.
That is a very tasty cigar.  Tend to think of it as a "dessert" cigar, best to have with coffee after a meal.
Great smokes but the only meal I drink coffee after is breakfast so guess it is a breakfast dessert cigar and a fine one at that.

I tend to think of Old Baptists when someone drinks coffee after dinner rather than a nice Port, Madeira or fine whiskey/whisky.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 11:39:16 AM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 11:39:52 AM »

SSE wind @ 30-35 with gusts in the low to mid 40’s.  Intermittent rain showers.  Should be past us in the next hour or so.
That is a very tasty cigar.  Tend to think of it as a "dessert" cigar, best to have with coffee after a meal.
Great smokes but the only meal I drink coffee after is breakfast so guess it is a breakfast dessert cigar and a fine one at that.

I tend to think of Old Baptists when someone drinks coffee after dinner rather than a nice Port, Madeira or fine whiskey/whisky.
Usually coffee and Port immediately after dinner (as more people generally partake than with the cigars).  Whiskey then follows after adjourning to an appropriate smoking area.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 11:50:13 AM »

Hello SCDave and Raz.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 12:06:08 PM »

As a former cigar smoker, i could see why one might want a wine with an "ash component",
but I draw the line at asphalt!  The bouquet is steady and smooth in delivery with a steady succession of black fruit flavors followed by smoke, ash, licorice and road pavement.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2018, 12:18:48 PM »

Guest appearance by the Razter!
Good Day sir!
Sorry to miss past couple of days, been swamped. Have to take tomorrow off, which means everything has to be done today.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 12:19:20 PM »

well, I have no choice in that matter.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 12:19:46 PM »

Baptists forbid having sex standing up because it might lead to dancing.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 12:20:59 PM »

Usually coffee and Port immediately after dinner (as more people generally partake than with the cigars).  Whiskey then follows after adjourning to an appropriate smoking area.
Coffee if dessert is ice cream or pie, port if it's cake, muscato if it's fruit.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2018, 12:27:31 PM »

As a former cigar smoker, i could see why one might want a wine with an "ash component",
but I draw the line at asphalt!  The bouquet is steady and smooth in delivery with a steady succession of black fruit flavors followed by smoke, ash, licorice and road pavement.
Sounds like a Gurkha.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2018, 12:47:22 PM »

Sounds like a Gurkha.
I was just thinking of Flip.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2018, 12:48:35 PM »

I am thinking maybe if Jim Cantore retired we might not have anymore hurricanes.🤔

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2018, 12:50:38 PM »

Baptists forbid having sex standing up because it might lead to dancing.
and their women keep their eyes closed so they don't see the men having a good time.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2018, 01:01:45 PM »

Happy 4th Monday RazMan and SCDave.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5