Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 02:30:44 AM »

In 1960, Democrat John F. Kennedy and Republican Richard M. Nixon clashed in their fourth and final presidential debate in New York.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 02:31:04 AM »

1964, the movie musical "My Fair Lady," starring Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison, had its world premiere at the Criterion Theater in New York.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 02:31:25 AM »

1964, the movie musical "My Fair Lady," starring Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison, had its world premiere at the Criterion Theater in New York.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 02:31:51 AM »

n 1967, the Israeli destroyer INS Eilat was sunk by Egyptian missile boats near Port Said (sah-EED'); 47 Israeli crew members were lost.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 02:32:12 AM »

1971, President Richard Nixon nominated Lewis F. Powell and William H. Rehnquist to the U.S. Supreme Court. (Both nominees were confirmed.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 02:32:37 AM »

In 1986, pro-Iranian kidnappers in Lebanon abducted American Edward Tracy (he was released in August 1991).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 02:32:57 AM »

In 1991, American hostage Jesse Turner was freed by his kidnappers in Lebanon after nearly five years in captivity.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 02:33:29 AM »

Ten years ago: An Associated Press poll found President George W. Bush and his opponent, Sen. John Kerry, locked in a statistical tie for the popular vote. Emerson College student Victoria Snelgrove, 21, died hours after being shot in the eye with a pepper-spray pellet fired by police trying to control a raucous crowd outside Fenway Park, where the Boston Red Sox had won the American League championship. The St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Houston Astros 5-2 to take Game 7 of the National League championship and advance to the World Series.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 02:34:08 AM »

Five years ago: Northwest Airlines Flight 188, an Airbus A320, flew past the Minneapolis airport by more than 100 miles before turning around and landing safely; the pilots later said they'd been distracted while talking about their schedules. Authorities found the body of missing Florida 7-year-old Somer Thompson in a Georgia landfill (Jarred Harrell later pleaded guilty to kidnapping, rape and murder, and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole). Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Jack Nelson of the Los Angeles Times died in Bethesda, Maryland, at 80. The Philadelphia Phillies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 10-4 in Game 5 of the National League Championship Series to win their second straight NL pennant.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 02:34:39 AM »

One year ago: A seventh-grader at Sparks Middle School in Sparks, Nevada, shot and killed a teacher and wounded two classmates before taking his own life. Same-sex weddings began in New Jersey, the 14th state to recognize nuptials between gay partners. The San Francisco Bay Area's main commuter train system and its unions reached a tentative agreement on a new contract.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 02:35:13 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actress Joyce Randolph is 90. Author Ursula K. Le Guin is 85. Rock singer Manfred Mann is 74. Musician Steve Cropper (Booker T. & the MG's) is 73. Singer Elvin Bishop is 72. TV's Judge Judy Sheindlin is 72. Actor Everett McGill is 69. Musician Lee Loughnane (LAHK'-nayn) (Chicago) is 68. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is 65. Actress LaTanya Richardson Jackson is 65. Musician Charlotte Caffey (The Go-Go's) is 61. Movie director Catherine Hardwicke is 59. Actress-author Carrie Fisher is 58. Singer Julian Cope is 57. Rock musician Steve Lukather (Toto) is 57. Actor Ken Watanabe (wah-tah-NAH'-bee) is 55. Actress Melora Walters is 54. Rock musician Che (chay) Colovita Lemon is 44. Rock singer-musician Nick Oliveri (Mondo Generator) is 43. Christian rock musician Charlie Lowell (Jars of Clay) is 41. Actor Jeremy Miller is 38. Actor Will Estes is 36. Actor Michael McMillian is 36. Reality TV star Kim Kardashian (kahr-DASH'-ee-uhn) is 34. Actor Matt Dallas is 32. Actress Charlotte Sullivan (TV: "Rookie Blue") is 31. Actor Aaron Tveit (tuh-VAYT') is 31.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 02:35:49 AM »

Thought for Today: "There are different kinds of wrong. The people sinned against are not always the best." — Dame Ivy Compton-Burnett, English author (1892-1969).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 02:36:57 AM »

Just Fred
-------------------------

A cop stops a car for traveling faster than the posted speed limit.
Since he's in a good mood that day he decides he might give the fellow a
break and write him out a warning instead of a ticket.

So, he asks the man his name.

"Fred," the driver replies.

"Fred what?" the officer asks.

"Just Fred," the man responds.

When the officer presses him for a last name, the man tells him that he
used to have a last name but lost it.

The officer thinks he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with
it.

"Tell me Fred, how did you lose your last name?"

The man replies, "It's a long story so stay with me. I was born Fred
Dingaling. I know, funny last name. The kids used to tease me all the
time. So I stayed to myself. I studied hard and got good grades.

"When I got older I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went
through college medical school, internship, residency, finally got my
degree so I was Fred Dingaling, MD.

"After a while I got bored being a doctor so I decided to go back to
school. Dentistry was my dream. Got all the way through school, got my
degree so I was now Fred Dingaling, MD, DDS.

"Got bored doing dentistry so I started fooling around with my
assistant. She gave me VD. So, I was Fred Dingaling, MD, DDS with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD so they took away my DDS so I was
Fred Dingaling MD with VD.

Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the
VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Dingaling with VD.

Then the VD took away my dingaling . . . so now I'm just Fred."

The officer walked away in tears, laughing.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/21/2014
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 03:02:30 AM »

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your Tuesday guys.

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 05:14:16 AM »

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your Tuesday guys.
Morning LSU, saw your sick post from last night you ok now?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26