Pages: 1 [2]

Message just sent from one of the commercial forecasters businesses and insurance companies use:

“Ugh. Nearly all data slams Florence into the Carolinas as a major hurricane. Still some time for this to shift around, but this is getting real, folks.”
wishing you luck.

Morning Ladies.

Smoking a Pre-Florence Cuban this morning after getting almost everything on the balcony moved inside, waiting on the boy to help me with recliners and a marble top table.

Ever so small incremental track shifts to the north are precious to us but there is still a lot of uncertainty.  Waiting on the 11:00 update.
good morning Dave.
what do you do with your boat?
I'm hoping it doesn't cause too much damage, I'm driving through the on the 30th.
My boat is 35 miles south of here so if the storm track stays north of the NC border it can stay in the storage building where it is 30 feet above the ground.  If track indicates anything south of NC I will go put it on the trailer tomorrow and take it to the hotel in Columbia with me when we evacuate.

The boys boat is on my boat lift here, we will pretty much use the same plan for it.

Best guess is a voluntary evacuation if needed Tuesday afternoon/evening and mandatory Wednesday Afternoon.  We will leave at the voluntary call while traffic is light.
I'm sure there will be more traffic than you care for.

time to get ready for my monthly business meetings.

Morning Dean and HurricaneDave.  Raining here again.

Ever so slight movement to the north at 11:00, not enough to make any difference but certainly better than any movement to the south.

Expected to be back to a strong Cat3 or Cat4 by tomorrow with landfall in the Carolinas Round 2:00 a.m. Friday morning.
Will you have to board up the balcony door?

Ever so slight movement to the north at 11:00, not enough to make any difference but certainly better than any movement to the south.

Expected to be back to a strong Cat3 or Cat4 by tomorrow with landfall in the Carolinas Round 2:00 a.m. Friday morning.
Will you have to board up the balcony door?
No, just clear it off and should be ok.   If not I will know next time to do it😳

@ Tugboat Tony

@ Tugboat Tony
Thanks, brother. And good luck with Florence. I'm finally sitting in front of the tube relaxing a bit. 6 games in the rain this weekend was like Chinese water torture.

Good thoughts CarolinaDave.
Logged

SMKNGOLFER

  • Newbie Status

Anyone ever here from the OG banter guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone ever here from the OG banter guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, from time to time but fewer and far between. How have you been, Josh?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]