Pages: [1] 2

  • Administrator
6/23/2018
« on: June 23, 2018, 12:00:05 AM »

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 05:58:05 AM »

Travellin Dave
Founding Member
Banter Elder
*****
TGIF!

« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2018, 05:30:31 PM »
Quote from: Threebean on June 22, 2018, 05:24:06 PM
Quote from: A Friend of Charlie on June 22, 2018, 05:18:44 PM
Quote from: Threebean on June 22, 2018, 05:06:05 PM
Quote from: Travellin Dave on June 22, 2018, 04:58:36 PM
Quote from: Threebean on June 22, 2018, 04:07:38 PM
Afternoon ClamSauceBOTL.   Back from Dallas and in the man cave with a Lirio Rojo in celebration of Friday.
That's a nice celebration cigar.  You have a special weekend planned?
We are moving the last of our crap out of the old house tomorrow.  I guess that's special enough.  Supposed to close on the sale next week.
Seems to be a gap there. Sleeping on the floor in the meantime?
No, we purchased a small house a while back and are living there while the from scratch house is constructed.  It's a long story involving extenuating familial circumstances.
Or he's just following the CarolinaDave method of home realignment

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 06:01:01 AM »

Travellin Dave
Founding Member
Banter Elder
*****
[...]

If you are following my method then Start Over!

Logistics of our move turned into a holy nightmare.  Best advice I can offer is:  Sell Your Old House With The Furnitures Included!,,,,

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 06:57:06 AM »

Good morning Dave.

Seems I missed something since dinner last night.

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 07:02:51 AM »

had to go back to yesterday and catch up. I'm still confused.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 08:04:55 AM »

Good morning Dave.

Seems I missed something since dinner last night.
Morning Dean, even Confucius would get confused around this place.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 08:06:40 AM »

I am trying to figure out if Tony’s Monte New York edition cigar was a floating turd or a sinking turd.

Either way glad I did not throw away $12 one one.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2018, 08:11:41 AM »

I am trying to figure out if Tony’s Monte New York edition cigar was a floating turd or a sinking turd.

Either way glad I did not throw away $12 one one.
I read he was going to trash it in a canal then smoked it to the nub. Guess he couldn't find a body of water.

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 08:11:55 AM »

had to go back to yesterday and catch up. I'm still confused.
Mr. Bean is building a new house, has sold his old house.  He purchased an additional small house to live in during the interim and for future uses.

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 08:18:43 AM »

On June 23, 1868, Christopher Latham Sholes received a patent for his "Type-Writer," featuring a QWERTY keyboard; it was the first commercially successful typewriter.
On this date:
In 1314, during the First War of Scottish Independence, the two-day Battle of Bannockburn, resulting in victory for the forces of Robert the Bruce over the army of King Edward II, began near Stirling.
In 1537, Spanish explorer Pedro de Mendoza, the founder of Buenos Aires, died aboard his ship while heading back to Spain.
In 1757, forces of the East India Company led by Robert Clive won the Battle of Plassey, which effectively marked the beginning of British colonial rule in India.
In 1892, the Democratic national convention in Chicago nominated former President Grover Cleveland on the first ballot.
In 1938, the Civil Aeronautics Authority was established.
In 1947, the Senate joined the House in overriding President Harry S. Truman's veto of the Taft-Hartley Act, designed to limit the power of organized labor.
In 1950, Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 2501, a DC-4, crashed into Lake Michigan with the loss of all 58 people on board.
In 1968, a syndicated newspaper column by Joseph Kraft coined the term "Middle America."
In 1969, Warren E. Burger was sworn in as chief justice of the United States by the man he was succeeding, Earl Warren.
In 1972, President Richard Nixon and White House chief of staff H.R. Haldeman discussed using the CIA to obstruct the FBI's Watergate investigation. (Revelation of the tape recording of this conversation sparked Nixon's resignation in 1974.) President Nixon signed Title IX barring discrimination on the basis of sex for "any education program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."
In 1985, all 329 people aboard an Air India Boeing 747 were killed when the plane crashed into the Atlantic Ocean near Ireland because of a bomb authorities believe was planted by Sikh separatists.
In 1993, in a case that drew widespread attention, Lorena Bobbitt of Prince William County, Virginia, sexually mutilated her husband, John, after he allegedly raped her. (John Bobbitt was later acquitted of marital sexual assault; Lorena Bobbitt was later acquitted by reason of insanity of malicious wounding.) Canada's Senate ratified the North American Free Trade Agreement.

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2018, 08:19:59 AM »

Ten years ago: Condemning the turmoil in Zimbabwe, the U.N. Security Council declared that a fair presidential vote was impossible because of a "campaign of violence" waged by President Robert Mugabe's government. Seattle's Felix Hernandez hit the first grand slam by an American League pitcher in 37 years, then departed with a sprained ankle before he could qualify for a win in the Mariners' 5-2 victory over the New York Mets.

Five years ago: Edward Snowden, the National Security Agency contractor behind the disclosures of the U.S. government's sweeping surveillance programs, left Hong Kong for Moscow with the stated intention of seeking asylum in Ecuador; however, Snowden ended up remaining in Moscow. Aerialist Nik Wallenda completed a tightrope walk that took him a quarter mile over the Little Colorado River Gorge in northeastern Arizona. Sci-fi and fantasy writer Richard Matheson, 87, died in Los Angeles.

One year ago: President Donald Trump signed a bill making it easier for the Department of Veterans Affairs to fire employees, part of a push to overhaul an agency struggling to serve millions of military vets. California Gov. Jerry Brown blocked parole for Charles Manson follower and convicted killer Bruce Davis. The New Jersey Devils selected center Nico Hischier with the No. 1 overall pick in the NHL draft.

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 08:20:41 AM »

Thought for Today: "To have felt too much is to end in feeling nothing." -- Dorothy Thompson, American journalist (1894-1961).

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 08:23:20 AM »

Birthdays

Josephine Marinique 1763

Irvin Cobb 1876

Alfred Kinsey 1894

Edward Patrick David 1894

Edward P. Morgan 1910

Jean Marie Anouilh 1910

David Ogilvy 1911

Alan Turing 1912

Irene Worth 1916

Larry Blyden 1925

Bob Fosse 1927

June Carter Cash 1929

Adam Faith 1940

Diana Trask 1940

Wilma Rudolph 1940

James Levine 1943

Rosetta Hightower (The Orlons) 1944

Ted Shackelford 1946

Bryan Brown 1947

Clarence Thomas 1948 - U.S. Supreme Court Justice

Jim Metzler 1954

Randy Jackson (Randall Darius Jackson) 1956 - Musician, judge on "American Idol" - American Idol Merchandise

Frances McDormand 1957 - Actress

Karin Gustafson 1959

Paul La Greca 1962

Steve Shelley (Sonic Youth) 1962

Joss Whedon 1964 - Writer, director

Chico DeBarge 1970

Selma Blair 1972 - Actress

Virgo Williams (Ghostowns DJs) 1975

KT Tunstall 1975 - Singer

Melissa Rauch 1980 - Actress ("Big Bang Theory")

Duffy 1984 - Singer

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 08:27:52 AM »

had to go back to yesterday and catch up. I'm still confused.
Mr. Bean is building a new house, has sold his old house.  He purchased an additional small house to live in during the interim and for future uses.
Future uses meaning when the warden throws his ass out.

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 08:27:53 AM »

had to go back to yesterday and catch up. I'm still confused.
Mr. Bean is building a new house, has sold his old house.  He purchased an additional small house to live in during the interim and for future uses.
Contractor installing the crown molding?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2