Pages: [1] 2

  • Administrator
6/9/2018
« on: June 09, 2018, 12:02:57 AM »

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 05:14:52 AM »

Good morning, men. Someone forgot to tell me it was the weekend.

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 05:46:54 AM »

good morning men. heading for the church to cook by 7:30am. not a good morning, dropped another canister of coffee all over the kitchen floor and inside the sink cabinet, not a good way to start the day. it can only get better right? good thing I have lots of coffee on hand.
AF Cuban coron and coffee going.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 06:35:01 AM »

Morning AlwaysWorkingTony and KickTheCanDean.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 06:37:53 AM »

jammin' over at CI today.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 06:44:05 AM »

good morning men. heading for the church to cook by 7:30am. not a good morning, dropped another canister of coffee all over the kitchen floor and inside the sink cabinet, not a good way to start the day. it can only get better right? good thing I have lots of coffee on hand.
AF Cuban coron and coffee going.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 06:45:53 AM »

jammin' over at CI today.
Morning early risers,

One thing about cigar offers that has not changed:  the closer it gets to Fathers Day the worse the deals get.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »

June 9

1064 - Coimbra, Portugal fell to Ferdinand, the King of Castile.

1534 - Jacques Cartier became the first to sail into the river he named Saint Lawrence.

1790 - John Barry copyrighted "Philadelphia Spelling Book." It was the first American book to be copyrighted.

1790 - Civil war broke out in Martinique.

1860 - The Ms. Ann Stevens book "Malaeska, the Indian Wife of the White Hunter" was offered for sale for a dime. It was the first published "dime novel."

1861 - Mary Ann "Mother" Bickerdyke began working in Union hospitals.

1923 - Bulgaria's government was overthrown by the military.

1931 - Robert H. Goddard patented a rocket-fueled aircraft design.

1934 - Donald Duck made his debut in the Silly Symphonies cartoon "The Wise Little Hen."

1940 - Norway surrendered to the Nazis during World War II.

1943 - The withholding tax on payrolls was authorized by the U.S. Congress.

1945 - Japanese Premier Kantaro Suzuki declared that Japan would fight to the last rather than accept unconditional surrender.

1946 - Mel Ott (with the New York Giants) became the first manager to be ejected from a doubleheader (both games).

1959 - The first ballistic missile carrying submarine, the USS George Washington, was launched.

1965 - Michel Jazy ran the mile in 3 minutes, 53.6 seconds. He broke the record set by Peter Snell in 1964.

1973 - Secretariat won the 105th Belmont Stakes by 31 lengths and ran the fastest 1 1/2 miles on dirt at 2:24.

1978 - Leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints struck down a 148-year-old policy of excluding black men from the Mormon priesthood.

1980 - Richard Pryor was severely burned by a "free-base" mixture that exploded. He was hospitalized more than two months.

1985 - Thomas Sutherland, an American educator, was kidnapped in Lebanon. He was not released until November 1991.

1986 - The Rogers Commission released a report on the Challenger disaster. The report explained that the spacecraft blew up as a result of a failure in a solid rocket booster joint.

1999 - NATO and Yugoslavia signed a peace agreement over Kosovo.

2000 - Canada and the United States signed a border security agreement. The agreement called for the establishment of a border-enforcement team.

2000 - The U.S. House of Representatives voted to repeal gift and estate taxes. The bill called for the taxes to be phased out over 10 years.

2001 - Patrick Roy (Colorado Avalanche) became the first National Hockey League (NHL) player to win three Conn Smythe Trophies. The award is given to the playoff's Most Valuable Player.

2011 - The world's first artificial organ transplant was performed. It was an artificial windpipe coated with stem cells.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 06:47:39 AM »

June 9

Birthdays

Leopold I (Leopold Ignaz Joseph Balthasar Felician) 1640 - Holy Roman emperor

Peter the Great 1672 - Peter I of Russia

George Stephenson 1781 - Civil engineer and mechanical engineer, built the first public railway

John Howard Payne 1791 - Actor, poet, playwright

Carl Nielsen 1865 - Composer, conductor, violinist

Meta Vaux Warrick 1877 - Artist

Cole Porter (Cole Albert Porter) 1891 - Composer, songwriter

Fred Waring 1900 - Musician (The Pennsylvanians), bandleader, radio-television personality

Louis Kutner 1908 - Human rights activist, lawyer, helped to found Amnesty International

Robert "Bob" Cummings (Charles Clarence Robert Orville Cummings) 1910 - Actor

Les Paul (Lester William Polsfuss) 1915 - Musician, songwriter, inventor (solid-body electric guitar)

Charles Loloma 1921 - Artist

George Axelrod 1922 - Screenwriter

Mona Freeman (Monica Elizabeth Freeman) 1926 - Actress

Marvin L. Kalb 1930 - Journalist

Joe Santos 1931 - Actor

Jimmy Spruill 1934 - Musician

Jackie Wilson (Jack Leroy "Jackie" Wilson, Jr.) 1934 - Singer, performer

Diana Van Der Vlis 1935 - Actress

Letty Cottin Pogrebin 1939 - Writer, journalist

Dick Vitale (Richard J. "Dick" Vitale) 1940 - Basketball sportscaster

Billy Hatton 1941 - Musician (The Fourmost)

Jon Lord 1941 - Musician (White Snake, Deep Purple)

Trevor Bolder 1950 - Musician (Spiders from Mars, Uriah Heep)

Dave Parker (David Gene "The Cobra" Parker) 1951 - Baseball player

Billy Knight (William R. "Billy" Knight) 1952 - Basketball player

Patricia Cornwell 1956 - Mystery author

Michael J. Fox 1961 - Actor ("Family Ties")

Aaron Sorkin 1961 - Writer, producer ("The West Wing")

Johnny Depp (John Christopher "Johnny" Depp II) 1963 - Actor, musician

Wayman Tisdale 1964 - Basketball player

Gloria Reuben 1965 - Singer, actress ("ER")

Dean Felber 1967 - Musician (Hootie & the Blowfish)

Dean Dinning 1967 - Musician (Toad the Wet Sprocket)

Tedy Bruschi 1973 - Football player

Natalie Portman 1981 - Actress ("Star Wars" movie series)

Mae Whitman 1988 - Actress ("Arrested Development")

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 07:35:22 AM »

Breakfast anyone?

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 08:02:08 AM »

@ Tony, I am trying to purchase some custom made fishing lures from an Italian Lure Maker but his web page appears not to work.

Can you tell me if there is any useful info on here?

http://www.antoniconthandmadelures.com

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 08:41:04 AM »

@ Tony, I am trying to purchase some custom made fishing lures from an Italian Lure Maker but his web page appears not to work.

Can you tell me if there is any useful info on here?

http://www.antoniconthandmadelures.com
I'm at an outdoor car show and it is difficult to see my screen. Let me get back to you.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 08:49:47 AM »

@ Tony, I am trying to purchase some custom made fishing lures from an Italian Lure Maker but his web page appears not to work.

Can you tell me if there is any useful info on here?

http://www.antoniconthandmadelures.com
I'm at an outdoor car show and it is difficult to see my screen. Let me get back to you.

No rush, enjoy those cool cars!

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 10:05:57 AM »

@ Tony, I am trying to purchase some custom made fishing lures from an Italian Lure Maker but his web page appears not to work.

Can you tell me if there is any useful info on here?

http://www.antoniconthandmadelures.com
I'm at an outdoor car show and it is difficult to see my screen. Let me get back to you.

No rush, enjoy those cool cars!
Looks like Porsche is well represented.

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 10:22:06 AM »

@ Tony, I am trying to purchase some custom made fishing lures from an Italian Lure Maker but his web page appears not to work.

Can you tell me if there is any useful info on here?

http://www.antoniconthandmadelures.com
I'm at an outdoor car show and it is difficult to see my screen. Let me get back to you.

No rush, enjoy those cool cars!
Looks like Porsche is well represented.
It's all Porsche. Celebrating 70 years.
Logged