Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day  (Read 2235 times)

CigarBanter

  • Administrator
5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« on: May 28, 2018, 12:00:53 AM »

Happy Memorial Day!  Today, let's enjoy our families, cookouts, libations and cigars too.  But let us not forget to remember the people who died while serving in our country's armed forces.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 06:34:55 AM »

Good morning, boys. Happy Monday. This one isn't just for Dean.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 06:44:44 AM »

Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 06:45:31 AM »

Good morning, boys. Happy Monday. This one isn't just for Dean.
No, they never are for me Tony.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:02:45 AM »

Nat Sherman and coffee here.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 07:19:47 AM »

Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.
No, but you might get a special visit from Alberto.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 07:21:34 AM »

Was afraid I might not get in before page two this morning....

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 07:21:53 AM »

Morning Dean and Tony.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 07:23:51 AM »

Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.
No, but you might get a special visit from Alberto.
He passed me by last night. Just rain and a bit of surge at high tide. You'd never know there was a storm.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 07:32:02 AM »

Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.
No, but you might get a special visit from Alberto.
He passed me by last night. Just rain and a bit of surge at high tide. You'd never know there was a storm.
Raining like a sum-bitch here!

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 07:39:23 AM »

Monday, May 28
National Hamburger Day 2018 in United States of America.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 07:40:45 AM »

Good morning. Believe it or not but there is not a parade or ceremony here today.
No, but you might get a special visit from Alberto.
He passed me by last night. Just rain and a bit of surge at high tide. You'd never know there was a storm.
Raining like a sum-bitch here!
Got sunshine here at the moment. Cycling through clouds, rain, sun all day.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 08:21:28 AM »

neighbor lady on her way over for a hot tub soak.
BBL

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »

neighbor lady on her way over for a hot tub soak.
BBL
Enjoy your afternoon Dean.

Re: 5/28/2018 - Memorial Day
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2018, 12:00:06 PM »

Today is Monday, May 28, the 148th day of 2018. There are 217 days left in the year. This is the Memorial Day observance.
Today’s Highlight in History:
On May 28, 1918, American troops fought their first major battle during World War I as they launched an offensive against the German-held French village of Cantigny; the Americans succeeded in capturing the village.

On this date:
1533: The Archbishop of Canterbury, Thomas Cranmer, declared the marriage of England’s King Henry VIII to Anne Boleyn valid.
1892: The Sierra Club was organized in San Francisco.
1912: The Senate Commerce Committee issued its report on the Titanic disaster that cited a “state of absolute unpreparedness,” improperly tested safety equipment and an “indifference to danger” as some of the causes of an “unnecessary tragedy.”
1929: The first all-color talking picture, “On with the Show!” produced by Warner Bros., opened in New York.
1934: The Dionne quintuplets — Annette, Cecile, Emilie, Marie and Yvonne — were born to Elzire Dionne at the family farm in Ontario, Canada.
1937: President Franklin D. Roosevelt pushed a button in Washington signaling that vehicular traffic could begin crossing the just-opened Golden Gate Bridge in California. Neville Chamberlain became prime minister of Britain. In Nazi Germany, Volkswagen was founded by the German Labour Front.
1940: During World War II, the Belgian army surrendered to invading German forces.
1957: National League owners gave permission for the Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants to move to Los Angeles and San Francisco.
1968: “Creedence Clearwater Revival,” the band’s debut album, was released by Fantasy Records.
1977: 165 people were killed when fire raced through the Beverly Hills Supper Club in Southgate, Kentucky.
1987: To the embarrassment of Soviet officials, Mathias Rust, a young West German pilot, landed a private plane in Moscow’s Red Square without authorization. (Rust was freed by the Soviets the following year.)
1998: Comic actor Phil Hartman, 49, of “Saturday Night Live” and “NewsRadio” fame was shot to death at his home in Encino, California, by his wife, Brynn, who then killed herself.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3