CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: 9/28/2014  (Read 27574 times)

CigarBanter

• Administrator
  • Senior Status
9/28/2014
« on: September 28, 2014, 12:00:01 AM »

What's up cigar enthusiasts?!  Join in this cigar talk with the rest of us and learn something along the way.  Be warned, you will catch hell if you post something everyone doesn't agree with.  And heaven forbid if you should make a grammatical error, you'll be berated with GFYs!  So don't have thin skin and welcome aboard!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 9/28/2014
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 12:05:52 AM »

Quote from: A Friend of Charlie
Quote from: KC

I have.  In fact, I've worked for people I felt that way about.  But one of the things that I love about the cigar community is that people from all walks of life have that leaf in common.  I rarely run into an asshole when I stop in at the b&m.  And I've met a few dozen of the banterers on here and have never been disappointed, including NJDave.  But I also understand that not everyone can get along and so I just ask that we not taunt one another because it makes it uncomfortable for everyone else.
Very well said, Antnee.  Some of us really enjoy your website, but retreated because of the animosity expressed due to differing opinions. It's supposed to be fun. When it is no longer fun, due to personal verbal attacks, people leave.
Agreed.  If a post is about something in which I have no interest, I ignore it rather than make fun of the person for liking what he likes.  There is room for everyone here.  Plus it's a better banter, if I do say so myself.
It is a better Banter, feature-wise, without a doubt.  But lacking adult supervision, several of us were driven away purposely by individuals who do not like differing opinions.  I was under the impression that a forum was about discussion and a variety of opinions.
That certainly was my intention.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time to be censor nor referee.  It didn't take me long to realize that I wasn't going to be able to make everyone happy.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:10:23 AM »

Agreed.  If a post is about something in which I have no interest, I ignore it rather than make fun of the person for liking what he likes.  There is room for everyone here.  Plus it's a better banter, if I do say so myself.

It is a better Banter, feature-wise, without a doubt.  But lacking adult supervision, several of us were driven away purposely by individuals who do not like differing opinions.  I was under the impression that a forum was about discussion and a variety of opinions.
That certainly was my intention.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time to be censor nor referee.  It didn't take me long to realize that I wasn't going to be able to make everyone happy.
Kinda bummed out about the fracturing of the BOTL community.  Here, there, Facebook, etc. but things are still going strong. Just have to go here and there to visit with everyone.  Oh, and Brad was workin' on the railroad with the Denali Railroad before he went into the witness protection program.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »

I have.  In fact, I've worked for people I felt that way about.  But one of the things that I love about the cigar community is that people from all walks of life have that leaf in common.  I rarely run into an asshole when I stop in at the b&m.  And I've met a few dozen of the banterers on here and have never been disappointed, including NJDave.  But I also understand that not everyone can get along and so I just ask that we not taunt one another because it makes it uncomfortable for everyone else.

Very well said, Antnee.  Some of us really enjoy your website, but retreated because of the animosity expressed due to differing opinions. It's supposed to be fun. When it is no longer fun, due to personal verbal attacks, people leave.

'Sides you didn't take us to raise

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 12:16:24 AM »

Shit, I still need raising.  Anyhoo, have a great night Mikey and KC.  I'm calling it a night.

IrascibleOldFool

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 12:26:29 AM »

If people keep their banter cop badges in their pockets and mind their own business everything will be fine.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 12:26:54 AM »

Shit, I still need raising.  Anyhoo, have a great night Mikey and KC.  I'm calling it a night.
You're a knight.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 12:29:17 AM »

If people keep their banter cop badges in their pockets and mind their own business everything will be fine.
There are rules of decorum everywhere.  More politeness and respect and there is no need for "banter cops"

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 12:32:56 AM »

You're a knight.
Me too.

IrascibleOldFool

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 12:37:54 AM »

There are rules of decorum everywhere.  More politeness and respect and there is no need for "banter cops"
"decorum" is a matter of opinion.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 12:40:52 AM »

Hence the problems. How about respect then?

IrascibleOldFool

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 12:45:30 AM »

I respect everyone here until personally attacked,  then the gloves are off.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 12:50:16 AM »

I respect everyone here until personally attacked,  then the gloves are off.
So there has been more than enough personal attacks.... is it going to be a useless pissing match as to that mature argument of who started it?

IrascibleOldFool

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 12:55:52 AM »

We all know how it started,  let's just end it now. Agreed?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 01:02:58 AM »

We all know how it started,  let's just end it now. Agreed?
I believe you have some friends to talk to that don't appear as willing to demonstrate the same level of civility and common sense.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15