Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Happy Valentine's Day! - 2/14/2018  (Read 9577 times)

Re: Happy Valentine's Day! - 2/14/2018

Happy valentines
Didn't think I'd ever say this about Oy pictures, but thank you!

Re: Happy Valentine's Day! - 2/14/2018

Happy valentines
MUCH better.  I don't want to know what Tony was looking at when he found his photo.
Selfie!
I had to do a double take. Thought I was looking in the mirror.
Your neck isn't that big.

Re: Happy Valentine's Day! - 2/14/2018

Todays offer from SBC

Valentine's Day Special!
For Valentine's Day we have a special on Small Batch Cigar exclusives category!

CODE: EXCLUSIVE = 25% off plus 5% reward points on Small Batch Cigar exclusives category!

Logged

Johnny

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • Proud to be a Tx BotL
Re: Happy Valentine's Day! - 2/14/2018

Thanks Brett, i'm still shopping at the moment so I'll take my time and get it right the first time.

Re: Happy Valentine's Day! - 2/14/2018

Brett, quick question for you, Glock, Sig Sauer, or Kimber?
If you're asking for a recommendation, then I have to ask what the intent is.  If you're considering a carry or general self-defense piece, then I say Glock.  They're more affordable, have an immense amount of support in the marketplace, and they eat whatever shitty ammo you can get your hands on.

I love 1911's, have one (1943 Colt), and will have more.  But I don't carry one for self-defense anymore because the more I train the more I realize I don't want to deal with external safeties or double-action triggers, I don't want the weight, and I want all the ammo in the gun that I can get.  So I choose striker-fired, polymer framed, double-stack weapons - namely Glock.

Sigs are fine weapons, and I own a P220 that is an utterly beautiful gun. But it's a DA/SA so I don't carry it for defense, and it cost almost twice what I paid for the Glock 23 I carry.  Sig makes striker-fired weapons, too, and they're great.  But they're overpriced for what they are...you're paying for the name.

So if I can only have one gun, it's going to be a Glock 19 (9mm).  Easy to shoot, easy to conceal, affordable, durable, and easy to find parts and holsters for.  I could be almost as happy with the full-size Glock 17, but it's not as easy to conceal.

Since I don't have to settle for one gun, I actually carry the Glock 23 (.40S&W).  Same gun, but the forty hits harder and penetrates deeper than the 9mm or the .45ACP.

But hey, if you're just jonesing for a 1911, get the Kimber and be happy.  Last thing you want is to drop a bunch of money on a gun that isn't what you really want.

Some people say "shoot the one that's most comfortable and performs the best for you." I don't personally agree with that advice.  Get the gun you want, and then shoot it until you've made it your little bitch.

That's my take.
My choice as well.

Re: Happy Valentine's Day! - 2/14/2018

Getting Lucky On Valentine's Lull.

Re: Happy Valentine's Day! - 2/14/2018

Getting Lucky On Valentine's Lull.
So what are you doing here?
Banter this evening is for those of us that are not....

Re: Happy Valentine's Day! - 2/14/2018

Getting Lucky On Valentine's Lull.
So what are you doing here?
Banter this evening is for those of us that are not....
That's why I'm here.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]