Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

  • Administrator
1/12/2018
« on: January 12, 2018, 12:00:57 AM »

Happy Friday! Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:39:39 AM »

Morning, all. Another day, another snow day for the kids. Except it's 56 degrees right now. This is more like an "it's supposed to be really bad out later so we're gonna go ahead and cancel school now" day.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 05:45:45 AM »

Morning, all. Another day, another snow day for the kids. Except it's 56 degrees right now. This is more like an "it's supposed to be really bad out later so we're gonna go ahead and cancel school now" day.
Not that I'm complaining. Cause now I don't have to pick them up from school in the forecasted shit later.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 05:48:17 AM »

Morning, all. Another day, another snow day for the kids. Except it's 56 degrees right now. This is more like an "it's supposed to be really bad out later so we're gonna go ahead and cancel school now" day.
Not that I'm complaining. Cause now I don't have to pick them up from school in the forecasted shit later.
We have the 60 degree, soaking rain day today. Morning Dave

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 05:56:41 AM »

good morning Dave and Scott. 63° here and rain moving in late morning. golf tourney at 11am, sheesh, then another cold front moving in for about a week here.
Short Story and coffee under the stars right now.

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 06:26:14 AM »

Morning, all. Another day, another snow day for the kids. Except it's 56 degrees right now. This is more like an "it's supposed to be really bad out later so we're gonna go ahead and cancel school now" day.
Not that I'm complaining. Cause now I don't have to pick them up from school in the forecasted shit later.
We have the 60 degree, soaking rain day today. Morning Dave
This has been a very whacky winter. I think last night it was warmer when I was done with my cigar than it was when I went out there.

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 06:38:00 AM »

Happy Friday LTG, Fish and Dean.

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 06:57:00 AM »

Happy Friday LTG, Fish and Dean.
Same to you, Mayor.

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 07:18:39 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean, Fish and Tony.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 07:21:10 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean, Fish and Tony.
Good morning, NJDave. (You are back, right? )

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 07:25:54 AM »

Tony forgot to flip the Sis offerings again.
No surprise from these "shithole" websites...

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 07:26:27 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean, Fish and Tony.
Good morning, NJDave. (You are back, right? )
Yea, got in about 11 last night so working from home today.

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 07:28:24 AM »

Tony forgot to flip the Sis offerings again.
No surprise from these "shithole" websites...
LALTS

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 07:43:28 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean, Fish and Tony.
Received my Diesel Rages yesterday, very nice size. Basically a box pressed belicoso

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 07:52:07 AM »

Today is Friday, Jan. 12, the 12th day of 2018. There are 353 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On Jan. 12, 1948, the U.S. Supreme Court, in Sipuel v. Board of Regents of University of Oklahoma, unanimously ruled that state law schools could not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race.
On this date:
In 1773, the first public museum in America was organized in Charleston, South Carolina.
In 1828, the United States and Mexico signed a Treaty of Limits defining the boundary between the two countries to be the same as the one established by an 1819 treaty between the U.S. and Spain.
In 1915, the U.S. House of Representatives rejected, 204-174, a proposed constitutional amendment to give women nationwide the right to vote. The silent film drama "A Fool There Was," which propelled Theda Bara to stardom with her portrayal of a predatory vamp, premiered in New York.
In 1932, Hattie W. Caraway became the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate after initially being appointed to serve out the remainder of the term of her late husband, Thaddeus.
In 1945, during World War II, Soviet forces began a major, successful offensive against the Germans in Eastern Europe. Aircraft from U.S. Task Force 38 sank about 40 Japanese ships off Indochina.
In 1959, Berry Gordy Jr. founded Motown Records (originally Tamla Records) in Detroit.
In 1966, President Lyndon B. Johnson said in his State of the Union address that the U.S. military should stay in Vietnam until Communist aggression there was stopped. The TV series "Batman," starring Adam West and Burt Ward as the Dynamic Duo, premiered on ABC, airing twice a week on consecutive nights.
In 1971, the groundbreaking situation comedy "All in the Family" premiered on CBS television.
In 1976, mystery writer Dame Agatha Christie died in Wallingford, England, at age 85.
In 1986, the shuttle Columbia blasted off with a crew that included the first Hispanic-American in space, Dr. Franklin R. Chang-Diaz.
In 1987, Anglican Church envoy Terry Waite arrived in Lebanon on his latest mission to win the release of Western hostages; however, Waite ended up being taken captive himself, and wasn't released until 1991.
In 1998, Linda Tripp provided Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr's office with taped conversations between herself and former White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5