Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **

[quote author =cigarbreath link=topic=137.msg38350#msg38350 date=1411613082]
You guys and your growlers.  Joe Wacky spreading the gospel, I see.
Spreading the Peanut Butter...
Growlers are not just for Peanut Butter anymore...
Growlin' peanut butter - the peanut butter that bites back.
[/quote] ;D CB, hilarious as always.  On the RB patio. Just finishing a 601 Blues toro, preceded by a JdN 1970 Antano.  Friends left me with 2 pints of Rocktoberfest.  Don't know if I can finish them & still drive home.  How are you doing? Haven't seen you in awhile.

[quote author =cigarbreath link=topic=137.msg38350#msg38350 date=1411613082]
You guys and your growlers.  Joe Wacky spreading the gospel, I see.
Spreading the Peanut Butter...
Growlers are not just for Peanut Butter anymore...
Growlin' peanut butter - the peanut butter that bites back.
;D CB, hilarious as always.  On the RB patio. Just finishing a 601 Blues toro, preceded by a JdN 1970 Antano.  Friends left me with 2 pints of Rocktoberfest.  Don't know if I can finish them & still drive home.  How are you doing? Haven't seen you in awhile.
[/quote]Evening Sly.  With friends like that...  What, no designated driver along with those pints?  Been enjoying all the Oktoberfest releases.  Recently had the Sam Adams and the Yuengling.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **

Yup, back in the day I would occasionally go down to the corner bar and get a pitcher to bring back for my grandfather and father.
Damn you were a good kid
Yea, don't know where I went wrong.  Used to be able to pick up their cigarettes as well.  Simpler times.
/// My dad used to pick up a pail of sloshing beer for his father from the corner saloon to bring home.  And when we were kids, a sure fire birthday or Father's Day gift for my dad was a pack of Revelation pipe tobacco or some Tiparillos ... bought without a problem.

Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **

[quote author =cigarbreath link=topic=137.msg38350#msg38350 date=1411613082]
You guys and your growlers.  Joe Wacky spreading the gospel, I see.
Spreading the Peanut Butter...
Growlers are not just for Peanut Butter anymore...
Growlin' peanut butter - the peanut butter that bites back.
;D CB, hilarious as always.  On the RB patio. Just finishing a 601 Blues toro, preceded by a JdN 1970 Antano.  Friends left me with 2 pints of Rocktoberfest.  Don't know if I can finish them & still drive home.  How are you doing? Haven't seen you in awhile.
Evening Sly.  With friends like that...  What, no designated driver along with those pints?  Been enjoying all the Oktoberfest releases.  Recently had the Sam Adams and the Yuengling.
[/quote] Wow, didn't know Yuengling made one.  One year, I made it my bidness to try every Octoberfest out there, local, national & imports.  Kinda favored the locals, but usually like the Sam. Local microbrewery restaurant is having a festival on Sat. featuring at least 15 breweries with at least two from each both Fall seasonals & IPAs ... Hoppy Oktoberfest.

[...]
[/quote]If they allow smoking outside, you could just move in.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **

[...]
[/quote] Hey Dave, the funny thing is, their brews go great with cigars, but the owner's wife is militant against smoking, even outside. Sad cause he's a nationally recognized brewer.  However, this event is partially technically not on their property so I might be able to be on the perimeter and sneak one in with my BOTL buddy who will be joining me & who made his first CFest with me this year on Friday (sorry we missed you & the Sat. crew.)
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]