Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

  • Administrator
11/14/2017
« on: November 14, 2017, 12:00:28 AM »

It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

good morning. EPC 2nd and coffee.

Tony must have been in a rush this morning.

Morning Prostitutes, Happy 2nd Saturday.

Slept in a little this morning, coffee is not ready yet.

Morning Dean!

Finally!

Good morning, Dean and Dave.

good morning. EPC 2nd and coffee.

Tony must have been in a rush this morning.
Because I forgot the "I" ? Nah, just seeing if anyone was paying attention. Ya know, it's not easy to cut and paste from your phone when you're half asleep.

Anyhoo, gotta drive today so it's a post and run from me...

Anyhoo, gotta drive today so it's a post and run from me...
Be safe!

good morning. EPC 2nd and coffee.

Tony must have been in a rush this morning.
Because I forgot the "I" ? Nah, just seeing if anyone was paying attention. Ya know, it's not easy to cut and paste from your phone when you're half asleep.
I'll give you a pass on that one!  Not easy to cut and paste from a phone anytime.

45 and clear this morning with a pretty sunrise starting.  Sunshine but Only up to about 60 for a high.

good morning. EPC 2nd and coffee.

Tony must have been in a rush this morning.
Because I forgot the "I" ? Nah, just seeing if anyone was paying attention. Ya know, it's not easy to cut and paste from your phone when you're half asleep.
I'll give you a pass on that one!  Not easy to cut and paste from a phone anytime.
I thought that was part of the PMP skill set.

Morning Dean, CarolinaDave and Mayor Tony.

Today is Tuesday, Nov. 14, the 318th day of 2017. There are 47 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Nov. 14, 1889, inspired by the Jules Verne novel "Around the World in Eighty Days," New York World reporter Nellie Bly (Elizabeth Cochrane) set out to make the trip in less time than the fictional Phileas Fogg. (She completed the journey in 72 days.)

On this date:

In 1851, Herman Melville's novel "Moby-Dick; Or, The Whale" was published in the United States, almost a month after being released in Britain.

In 1910, Eugene B. Ely became the first aviator to take off from a ship as his Curtiss pusher rolled off a sloping platform on the deck of the scout cruiser USS Birmingham off Hampton Roads, Virginia.

In 1925, the first group exhibition of surrealistic paintings opened at the Galerie Pierre in Paris.

In 1940, during World War II, German planes destroyed most of the English town of Coventry.

In 1944, Tommy Dorsey and his orchestra recorded "Opus No. 1" for RCA Victor.

In 1954, the president of Egypt, Muhammad Naguib, was deposed by the Revolutionary Command Council, leaving Gamal Abdel Nasser fully in charge as acting head of state.

In 1965, the U.S. Army's first major military operation of the Vietnam War began with the start of the five-day Battle of Ia Drang. (The fighting between American troops and North Vietnamese forces ended on Nov. 18 with both sides claiming victory.)

In 1969, Apollo 12 blasted off for the moon.

In 1970, a chartered Southern Airways DC-9 crashed while trying to land in West Virginia, killing all 75 people on board, including the Marshall University football team and its coaching staff.

In 1986, the Securities and Exchange Commission imposed a $100 million penalty on inside-trader Ivan F. Boesky and barred him from working again in the securities industry.

In 1996, Cardinal Joseph Bernardin (BURN'-uh-deen), the senior Roman Catholic prelate in the United States and leader of Chicago's 2.3 million Catholics, died at his home at age 68. Singer Michael Jackson married his plastic surgeon's nurse, Debbie Rowe, in a ceremony in Sydney, Australia. (Rowe filed for divorce in 1999.)

In 1997, a jury in Fairfax, Virginia, decided that Pakistani national Aimal Khan Kasi (eye-MAHL' kahn KAH'-see) should get the death penalty for gunning down two CIA employees outside agency headquarters. (Five years later on this date, Aimal Khan Kasi was executed.)
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7