Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1940, Nazi Germany began its eight-month blitz of Britain during World War II with the first air attack on London.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1957, the original animated version of the NBC-TV peacock logo, used to denote programs "brought to you in living color," made its debut at the beginning of "Your Hit Parade."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1963, the National Professional Football Hall of Fame was dedicated in Canton, Ohio.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1968, feminists protested outside the Miss America pageant in Atlantic City, New Jersey. (The pageant crown went to Miss Illinois Judith Ford.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1977, the Panama Canal treaties, calling for the U.S. to eventually turn over control of the waterway to Panama, were signed in Washington by President Jimmy Carter and Panamanian leader Omar Torrijos (toh-REE'-hohs).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1986, Desmond Tutu was installed as the first black clergyman to lead the Anglican Church in southern Africa.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1996, rapper Tupac Shakur was shot and mortally wounded on the Las Vegas Strip; he died six days later.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: An Associated Press tally showed that U.S. military deaths in the Iraq campaign had passed the 1,000 mark. Former Mississippi Gov. Kirk Fordice died in Jackson at age 70.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: Addressing a Labor Day picnic in Cincinnati, President Barack Obama declared that modern benefits like paid leave, minimum wage and Social Security "all bear the union label" as he appealed to organized labor to help him win the health care fight in Congress. Three British Muslims were convicted in London of plotting to murder thousands by downing at least seven airliners bound for the U.S. and Canada. The Pittsburgh Pirates were assured of a record-breaking 17th straight losing season as they fell to the Chicago Cubs 4-2. (The Pirates would go on to have three more consecutive losing seasons before breaking the streak in 2013.)
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: Tony Abbott's conservative Liberal-led party won a crushing victory in Australia against the center-left Labor Party which had ruled for six years. Tokyo was awarded the 2020 Summer Olympics, defeating Istanbul in the final round of secret voting by the International Olympic Committee.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Jazz musician Sonny Rollins is 84. Actor Bruce Gray is 78. Singer Alfa Anderson (Chic) is 68. Actress Susan Blakely is 66. Singer Gloria Gaynor is 65. Rock singer Chrissie Hynde (The Pretenders) is 63. Actress Julie Kavner is 63. Rock musician Benmont Tench (Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers) is 61. Actor Corbin Bernsen is 60. Actor Michael Emerson is 60. Pianist Michael Feinstein is 58. Singer Margot Chapman is 57. Actress J. Smith-Cameron (TV: "Rectify") is 57. Actor W. Earl Brown is 51. Actor Toby Jones is 48. Model-actress Angie Everhart is 45. Actress Diane Farr is 45. Country singer Butter (Trailer Choir) is 44. Actress Monique Gabriela Curnen is 44. Actor Tom Everett Scott is 44. Rock musician Chad Sexton (311) is 44. Actress Shannon Elizabeth is 41. Actor Oliver Hudson is 38. Actor Devon Sawa (SAH'-wuh) is 36. Singer-musician Wes Willis (Rush of Fools) is 28. Actress Evan Rachel Wood is 27.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "Nothing is more unpleasant than a virtuous person with a mean mind." — Walter Bagehot (BAJ'-uht), English editor and economist (1826-1877).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Hold Me
-------------------------

I never quite figured out why the sexual urge of men and women differ so
much. And I never have figured out the whole Venus and Mars thing. I have
never figured out why men think with their head and women with their heart.

FOR EXAMPLE One evening last week, my girlfriend and I were getting into
bed. Well, the passion starts to heat up, and she eventually says "I don't
feel like it, I just want you to hold me."

I said "WHAT????!!! What was that?!" So she says the words That every
boyfriend on the planet dreads to hear..."You're just not in Touch with my
emotional needs as a woman enough for me to satisfy your physical needs as a
man."

She responded to my puzzled look by saying, "Can't you just Love me for who
I am and not what I do for you in the bedroom?" Realizing that nothing was
going to happen that night, I went to sleep. The very next day I opted to
take the day off of work to spend time with her.

We went out to a nice lunch and then went shopping at a big, big unnamed
department store. I walked around with her while she tried on several
different very expensive outfits. She couldn't decide which one to take so I
told her we'll just buy them all. She wanted new Shoes to compliment her new
clothes, so I said lets get a pair for each outfit. We went onto the
jewelry department where she picked out a pair of diamond earrings. Let me
tell you...she was so excited. She must have thought I was one wave short of
a shipwreck. I started to think she was testing me because she asked for a
tennis bracelet when she doesn't even know how to play tennis. I think I
threw her for a loop when I said, That's fine, honey." She was almost
nearing sexual satisfaction from all of the excitement.

Smiling with excited anticipation she finally said, "I think this is all
dear, let's go to the cashier." I could hardly contain myself when I blurted
out, "No honey, I don't feel like it."

Her face just went completely blank
as her jaw dropped with a baffled "WHAT???!!!"

I then said, "Really honey! I
just want you to HOLD this stuff for a while.You're just not in touch with
my financial needs as a man enough for me to satisfy your shopping needs as
a woman." And just when she had this look like she was going to kill me, I
added, "Why can't you just love me for who I am and not for the things I buy
you?"
Logged

IrascibleOldFool

Where's that Bad Ass Redfish and his bitch NJD???......talk'N Boot CI Banter........
Logged

IrascibleOldFool

Where's that Bad Ass Redfish and his bitch NJD???......talk'N Boot CI Banter........
HA! Thought for Today: "Nothing is more unpleasant than a virtuous person with a mean mind." — Walter Bagehot (BAJ'-uht), English editor and economist (1826-1877).

Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15