Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 8/27/2014
« Reply #300 on: August 27, 2014, 08:03:03 PM »

Howdy all. I am back. Been pretty busy at work. Well over 120 hrs each of the last two weeks. Uncle Obama will be glad. They will get a couple thousand extra in taxes. SL Hababo 3+ years. Lets see if it is still good.
good evening Ken
Evening, Steve. This San Lotano Habano is very good. Very good flavors--I always did like that cigar. I have not smoked a cigar in a week! And, only 2 in the last 14 days. Too busy and too tired. I smoked a good little cigar that Will had sent me.

Which one was that?

And the SL Hababo is solid.  The Toro is very nice and has aged well, but the Lancero is still far and away my favorite from the vitola.  It does that very spicy but not overly strong profile perfectly.
Quintero, Will. I smoked it sitting on a swing with a Dr. Pepper out in the Gulf Of Mexico. Wind was not too bad that day. First half--not much smoke, but good flavors. Last half good amount of smoke and even better flavors. I have not had the SL  hababo Lancero. Toro is good.

The Quinteros usually get off to a slow start, from the box or so I've smoked.  Only 1 was a problem, but usually about a half inch to an inch to really get in gear.  Despite that and the general ugly wrapper, they're one of the best $2 cigars I've had.  Flavors really kick in and on the better ones, they're really impressive.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 8/27/2014
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2014, 08:04:06 PM »

Tony, let me know when you're headed down to Carton.  I might already be there and, if not, I'll probably need a growler fill.

« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2014, 08:05:01 PM »

Howdy all. I am back. Been pretty busy at work. Well over 120 hrs each of the last two weeks. Uncle Obama will be glad. They will get a couple thousand extra in taxes. SL Hababo 3+ years. Lets see if it is still good.
good evening Ken
Evening, Steve. This San Lotano Habano is very good. Very good flavors--I always did like that cigar. I have not smoked a cigar in a week! And, only 2 in the last 14 days. Too busy and too tired. I smoked a good little cigar that Will had sent me.

Which one was that?

And the SL Hababo is solid.  The Toro is very nice and has aged well, but the Lancero is still far and away my favorite from the vitola.  It does that very spicy but not overly strong profile perfectly.
Somewhere, there is a box of the SL Hababo lancero with my name on it.  Or half a box anyway.  I split it and a box of SL maddie lancero (non Oval) with Charlie.

You probably have them stashed away somewhere you'll remember... Eventually.
Or not.

« Reply #303 on: August 27, 2014, 08:06:39 PM »

[...]

I still owe you stuff from the contest (don't argue with me).  I'll include a lancero or two in the shipment.
Tony, you mean that contest that was over a year ago?
Huh?  What?  Listen, I may have some problems with timeliness.  Just consider that I've been aging the spoils.

« Reply #304 on: August 27, 2014, 08:09:44 PM »

Tony, let me know when you're headed down to Carton.  I might already be there and, if not, I'll probably need a growler fill.
I was trying to put together a gathering that would begin there and end up at a cigar friendly establishment.  I got no takers.  Perhaps I'll make it down there in 2 of 3 weeks on a Thursday or Friday evening.
Logged

glassken

« Reply #305 on: August 27, 2014, 08:10:47 PM »

[...]

Haha!, Tony, I am good intentions, but I am sure worse at the time-space continuum(procrastination) than most of youse!

« Reply #306 on: August 27, 2014, 08:17:49 PM »

[...]

Ken, I've gained the weight twice and lost it once more since that contest.  I keep fluctuating 35 lbs.  I'm back to my initial weight again.  Sheesh on me.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 8/27/2014
« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2014, 08:25:21 PM »

Tony, let me know when you're headed down to Carton.  I might already be there and, if not, I'll probably need a growler fill.
I was trying to put together a gathering that would begin there and end up at a cigar friendly establishment.  I got no takers.  Perhaps I'll make it down there in 2 of 3 weeks on a Thursday or Friday evening.

Not much in the way of cigar friendly nearby.  Maybe better off heading to the nearby beach and just smoking.

« Reply #308 on: August 27, 2014, 08:34:05 PM »

Tony, let me know when you're headed down to Carton.  I might already be there and, if not, I'll probably need a growler fill.
I was trying to put together a gathering that would begin there and end up at a cigar friendly establishment.  I got no takers.  Perhaps I'll make it down there in 2 of 3 weeks on a Thursday or Friday evening.

Not much in the way of cigar friendly nearby.  Maybe better off heading to the nearby beach and just smoking.
That sounds romantic.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #309 on: August 27, 2014, 09:20:25 PM »

hi. I did 2 gas and goes, just stopped to eat about 50 miles north of Columbia, SC. my butt is tired. :)
Evening Dean glad to get your butt report and hear everything else is traveling OK.  Florida Tomorrow!!!!!
going to try to make 95 before I rest.
Really appreciate the report.  Have you been smoking too?  If so, what?
at a rest stop outside 95/Charleston area.
started the trip with a Partagas Series D #4 Habana gifted by dd. an EXCELENT smoke.
Quorum Shade toro, Oliva O maduro robusto, JdN Series B? robusto.
everything else

« Reply #310 on: August 27, 2014, 09:40:56 PM »

Tony, let me know when you're headed down to Carton.  I might already be there and, if not, I'll probably need a growler fill.
I was trying to put together a gathering that would begin there and end up at a cigar friendly establishment.  I got no takers.  Perhaps I'll make it down there in 2 of 3 weeks on a Thursday or Friday evening.

Not much in the way of cigar friendly nearby.  Maybe better off heading to the nearby beach and just smoking.
That sounds romantic.
Now I'm definitely out
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 8/27/2014
« Reply #311 on: August 27, 2014, 09:53:47 PM »

Tony, let me know when you're headed down to Carton.  I might already be there and, if not, I'll probably need a growler fill.
I was trying to put together a gathering that would begin there and end up at a cigar friendly establishment.  I got no takers.  Perhaps I'll make it down there in 2 of 3 weeks on a Thursday or Friday evening.

Not much in the way of cigar friendly nearby.  Maybe better off heading to the nearby beach and just smoking.
That sounds romantic.
Now I'm definitely out

Ever since Ashes closed down because the whorehouse they were running upstairs got busted, I tell ya.  It's rough around here.

The two closest B&Ms to Carton are no good at all the last few times I had been to them.  You have to head out to either Red Bank or head back towards Matawan or so.  Which isn't too far in the grand scheme of things, but I'm assuming anyone visiting Carton isn't going to leave in a state sober enough to want to drive around.

« Reply #312 on: August 27, 2014, 09:55:58 PM »

Tony, let me know when you're headed down to Carton.  I might already be there and, if not, I'll probably need a growler fill.
I was trying to put together a gathering that would begin there and end up at a cigar friendly establishment.  I got no takers.  Perhaps I'll make it down there in 2 of 3 weeks on a Thursday or Friday evening.

Not much in the way of cigar friendly nearby.  Maybe better off heading to the nearby beach and just smoking.
That sounds romantic.
Now I'm definitely out
You're so full of shit.  I know you have an alert set that texts you when the topic turns to botl romance.
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: 8/27/2014
« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2014, 10:32:23 PM »

Well, I checked the map and there's a place closer to Carton than I thought.  Up in Smoke on Main Street.  Never been.  Maybe they'd a good store.

« Reply #314 on: August 27, 2014, 11:00:04 PM »

Well, I checked the map and there's a place closer to Carton than I thought.  Up in Smoke on Main Street.  Never been.  Maybe they'd a good store.
Appreciate you doing some homework on this one.  Sounds like a decent plan is coming together.  I'm thinking September 12th.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]